Chapter 13

With Wilder's arms wrapped tightly around me, I couldn't seem to fall asleep, but I drifted in and out throughout the night, not daring to move more than in inch. I knew Wilder couldn't sleep either, but neither of us said a word to each other. Around 3 in the morning, according to the clock on the wall, I fell into a deep sleep. When I woke up the next morning, the needles were back in my arms, but I didn't mind this time. I was still wrapped in the warmth of Wilder's arms, and it almost lulled me back to sleep, if it weren't for the beautiful sleeping expression on his face. I reached my hand up and traced my finders along the bones of his cheeks. I felt the skin pulled taut against his face, and the slight stubble that had grown in over the past few days only aided in making him more attractive. I traced the bone structure down his cheek to his jaw and followed the sharp lines down his neck. He had old scars from who knows when, but I could only guess he had been through too much for one lifetime. My hand followed his collar bones down to his chest. I turned more into him and snuggled into his warmth, humming in happiness. Who knew after all this time I could have found happiness. I shouldn't be feeling this way, but something about him makes me feel safe, even if he had made mistakes. I felt my heart flutter in joy. My hand rested back onto my stomach, and I stared up at his beautiful face. I couldn't get over him, no matter how hard I tried. I continued to observe him, creating scenarios in my head of how he got his scars. What had he been through? What was he hiding? How much pain has he experienced? Less than an hour later, his eyes fluttered open, but despite the pain I knew he felt, I only saw happiness in his eyes when they greeted mine.

"Good morning, beautiful." He said cheerily, causing a blush to arise in my cheeks. He smirked down at me and traced my cheekbones, before moving to my jaw. His finger followed the lines down my neck, and to my chest. His finger drew a line between my breast, and I realized he had been awake the whole time. His morning voice was as deep as ever, and I shook in excitement.

"I want to leave today." I stated, still mesmerized by his appearance.

"We will have a doctor come check you out. I want to make sure you'll be safe before leaving." He assured. I watched his eyes blank before arriving back to mine. Strange.

"Miss. Fox?" I heard a voice from the door. I tore my eyes away from him to greet the new arrival. Only then had I noticed that Willow and Zeke were no longer in the room with us.

"Yes?" I looked at the beautiful woman in the doctors coat. She seemed friendly enough.

"I'm here to check up with you. If everything goes well, you may leave today." Her smile made me hopeful, but I knew hope was dangerous. I stared at her, awaiting her next move.

"We must have Mr. Black leave before I begin the examination, for confidentiality purposes." She seemed hesitant to be making demands, but I was quick to oblige, sliding off his lap, and moving towards the bed. I only made it one or two steps before I felt two arms encircle my waist. His eyes pleaded with me to let him stay, but I preferred to have that confidentiality.

"Your last name is Fox?" He questioned smiling at me. I nodded my head, only to get an earth shattering smile in return.

"I love it." He smiled, before leaning closer. "I'd like it better if you had mine." He whispered in my ear. I pulled back immediately, not feeling comfortable with that much commitment. He was moving very quickly, and marriage was out of the question.

"You should probably go." I muttered and climbed up onto the bed away from him. I could see the hurt expression in his eyes, but I couldn't deal with it now.

"Okay." He mumbled before standing and slipping out behind the doctor. She smiled a sympathetic look at me, before advancing to my spot on the bed.