Chapter 18

Wilder's parents had disappeared somewhere into the empty walls within house, and if I was luck enough I could manage to stay away from them. Raven, who I discovered was in fact Wilder's sister, had kidnapped me away from Wilder, and was feeding me chocolate as I sat up on the countertop. I wasn't complaining, as much as I missed Wilder, he sat across the counter from me glaring at Raven as she fed me more chocolate and hugged me contently. I smiled at her embrace, which was scarily similar to Wilder's.

"You feeling better?" She asked me after a particularly long hug. I could feel Wilder's growl shake the counter I was sitting on, but I ignored him and turned back to hug her. I wasn't going to be rude.

"Awe!" She exclaimed and hugged me tighter. I wish she were my sister. She fed me the rest of her candy bar, before giving me one last hug. I yawned, exhausted from the emotional day, and crawled across the counter to sit in Wilder's lap. He wrapped his arms around my small frame and stuck his tongue out at his sister.

"I win." He gave me the biggest smile and kissed my forehead softly. I smiled back and cuddled my tired body into his safe embrace.

"Whatever, it's just because you're her mate." Raven grumbled before walking around the counter and smiling down at me.

"It's getting late, I'm going to head to bed." She commented with a yawn. We exchanged our goodnights, and she headed right up the stairs to one of the many guest rooms. 

"We should really get to bed too." Wilder commented softly. I yawned and nodded my head, but I was so consumed in thought, I hardly realized we were in his room. I was immediately greeted with a happy, tail wagging Bebe. Quickly I jumped from Wilder's arms and hugged her tightly.

"I had some of the pack take her for a run today. Turns out she beat most of them in a race. She should be head trainer of the pack." Wilder smirked and gave Bebe a pat on her head. I gasped in excitement and tackled my sweet puppy to the floor.

"What a good girl!" I exclaimed happily. She wagged her tail as I pet her vigorously. I sat on the floor petting her for a moment longer, before I got up and changed. After I finished getting ready for bed, I joined Wilder in bed. We laid silent for a moment, Bebe at our feet, before he finally said something.

"I'm sorry about my mom." He sighed and tucked me into his warmth.

"I don't care about your mother, or what she thinks of me. I care about you." I mumbled back and turned to look at him. We stared up at each other, before he locked me in a heart wrenching kiss. I was becoming much more comfortable with him. What would have scared me a little over a week ago was now a renewed excitement deep within me.

"I want you." I muttered against his lips. He pulled away to get a good look at me, and I quickly climbed up on top of him, with my legs on either side of his much larger body. I sat on his lower abdomen.

"What?" He questioned while putting either hand on my hips.

"I need you to mark me. I want to be with you." I smiled and leaned down to rejoin our lips. I finally felt right in the world. I felt a sense of belonging and love. I wanted to feel that way forever.

"Adi-" He started. I already knew what he was going to say.

"No Wilder. I feel so connected to you. More than I have with anyone. He opened his mouth to speak again, so I continued.

"I want to be here with you. I need you in my life. I don't see my future without you anymore."

"Adi-" He started again. I could still see the hesitance on his face so I continued once more.

"Listen to the words I'm saying-" I looked him dead in the eyes to express my seriousness, hoping it would help assure him, but he cut me off.

"Adi no! I won't-" He started once more. I needed to end this argument.