Chapter 21

The blissful afternoon sun danced over our skin. We laid chest to chest, smiling contently at each other, wishing time could freeze. I glanced up at wilder to see his eyes half closed. His smile mimicked my own.

"What are you thinking about?" I questioned teasingly.

"I'm thinking about how lucky I was to find you." He smiled down at me. I hummed in approval at his answer and leaned up to kiss him quickly. He tried to chase the kiss, but I pulled away, and pushed the covers off. It was 2 in the afternoon, and I figured it was about time to get out of bed. Pushing the covers from my body, I climbed out of bed and marched down to the to the kitchen. I would hear Wilder's grumbles as I walked farther and farther away from him, but I didn't pay any mind to him. He was quick to join me after throwing on some gym shorts.

"What kind of food do you have here?" I questioned as I looked through the cupboards. From what I could tell he didn't shop frequently for this place, not that he would need to, as I could see the dust bunnies in the daylight.

"Well, I may have some cans in that cupboard." He said while scratching the back of his neck with one hand and pointing to a different cabinet with the other. I let out a frustrated huff and marched to the cupboard. I pulled out a couple cans of sweet potato, beans, and tomatoes.

"Wilder, this expired 4 years ago." I let out a horrified gasp while dramatically pinching the cans between two fingers and throwing them into the garbage.

"Let's go out for lunch." He chuckled and reached out for my hand. I intertwined my fingers with his and followed him back up the stairs. He changed into some clothes he kept at the cabin, while I put on my clothes from the day before. After we had both changed and brushed up, we headed out the front door.

"Where's the car?" I looked around searching for the vehicle we had driven to the cabin.

"I had one of the pack members come get it." He stated as if it were completely obvious.

"What? Why?" I asked turning to look at him in confusion.

"I'm all the transportation we need, plus I like keeping this place a secrete. Few pack members know this place exists, and of the few that do, less know where it is located. I'd like to keep it that way. A car outside only means residence." He explained. I nodded in understanding, but that didn't mean I wasn't frustrated with his decision. I turned away as he started to pull his t shirt and pants off. I could hear the distinct sound of cracking bones before I decided it would be safe to turn around. I smiled noticing the nice pile of folded clothes he had left for me to collect. I plucked them from the forest floor, and climbed on top of his back. He stood and started to jog through the woods. As much as I hated to admit, I loved feeling the wind through my hair and the smell of forest in the air. I leaned into him, to decrease wind resistance, but also to notify him that he could speed up. As if he could hear my thoughts, he sped up his pace through the woods.

The run didn't last much longer, much to my disappointment. We arrived at the edge of the forest, and he leaned down to allow me access to solid ground. I climbed down and set his clothes on the floor. His bones cracked once more, and I turned just in time to see him pulling his shirt over his head.

"Ready, princess?" He questioned teasingly.

"Ready, princess." I mocked him in a funny voice, leaving him to erupt in laughter. It was contagious as I started to chuckle myself.

"Lets go." He mumbled, still laughing to himself. He took hold of my hand and we walked out of the woods.

Our journey took us to a small town nestled in the middle of the forest. I quiet enjoyed walking up and down the main street. Small shops littered the streets with clothes and food. Each shop had it's own unique style, and I couldn't get enough of this little town. We walked around, until we found a cute little restaurant to eat at. It was an early dinner or late lunch, but I was sure that the left overs would make a great late night snack.