Chapter 12

When I awoke once more, feeling more rested than before, I noticed I had been moved back into the hospital bed. I sighed and looked around the room. Wilder sat beside me resting his head on the bed, hand in my hand. Willow and Zeke were both out on the couch towards the corner of the room. I turned to look at the clock on the wall beside the sink. It was 3am and desperately needed water. Pulling the needles out of my arm, I stood from my uncomfortable spot on the bed and stood, making my way to the sink. The small touches Wilder had been giving me must have kept me calm, but now without them, I longed to be in his arms. I quickly finished my water and moved back around the bed. I pulled his body up, and he groaned at the movement. I sat him up in the chair and climbed into his lap.

His chest was so warm, and I assumed I woke him up slightly, because he wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him. I looked up trying to see his beautiful eyes, but they were still closed, and a beautiful smile made its way onto his face. He was beautiful. I wanted to stay in his arms forever. I had longed for the loving touch of someone who truly cared about me my whole life, and now it feels like that is what I found. I smiled contently to myself and rested my head back down on his chest. Sleep overtook me, and I rested.

"Morning sleepy head." I stretched out, squinting my eyes due to the immense amount of sunlight that was attacking me. I was still in Wilder's arms, but the needles were back in my arms too. I just smiled a sleepy smile at him and he held me closer. I was content.

"Willow is the sleepy one." I mumbled against the fabric of Wilder's shirt. He chuckled but shook his head.

"She was pretty freaked out, we had to give her a sedative to keep her calm." Wilder sighed and looked back at Willow and Zeke, sleeping peacefully on the couch. I furrowed my eyebrows worried about my friend.

"How long have I been sleeping for?" I questioned.

"You were out for 5 days. When you woke up thats the last day you remember, I'm sure, then you slept for about 2 more days. About a week in total." He sighed and kissed my forehead in the process. I was still in shock from the last time I woke up. I didn't know I could make that much of a mess.

"Hmh," I mumbled against his collar bone. His arms were still wrapped around me in a comforting manner. I wanted to be open and honest with him, but I also didn't quiet trust him after the last time I decided to give him a chance. He didn't deserve a second chance. I can't trust him. He's been with me all throughout recovery, and he hasn't left my side. I should give him another chance to prove that he is sorry. My mom would agree. I felt a small tear slip down my cheek at the thought of my mother.

"Hey, what's wrong." Wilder asked, lifting my chin to meet his eyes. They showed apologetic sorrow, and I knew right then that I could trust him again.

"I need to tell you something." I mumbled out, but he clearly heard me.

"What's up, baby?" He questioned softly. I hummed internally at the pet name, but I kept my expressionless face outward.

"I want Zeke and Willow to know too." I sighed. Wilder lifted me from his lap and placed me back on the hospital bed. I took the time to oh so delicately rip the needles out of my arm. I noticed a small stream of blood make its way down my arm, but I was quick to pick up a piece of gauze and apply pressure to it before Wilder could see. I placed the needles back on the counter next to my bed, and Wilder chuckled.

"You hate those needles don't you." He chuckled, but I was unamused.

"They fuck with my brain." I growled out, directing my anger to the medicine they were injecting into me. Wilder laughed as he shook Zeke awake. Zeke popped his eyes open, and looked at who was disturbing him, but as his eyes fell upon Wilder, he seemed to calm down.