Chapter 4

Trigger Warning: this chapter mentions suicide and self harm.

After Zeke left work went on as boring as usual. I didn't have to strip tonight, because all the girls actually made an appearance for once, so I got the privilege of walking home after an overtime shift until 2 in the morning. After about 10 minutes of tireless trudging I started to get the weird feeling back again. My fingers started to tingle and I could feel a presence.

The giant black truck riding the waves of darkness pulled up right next to me. I shivered at the sweet smell. It encompassed me. I felt like I was walking in mud, pushing forwards as quickly as possible, which wasn't very quickly.

"You can't run from me babygirl." His voice sounded like bitter chocolate, unlike the sweet scent that surrounded me. Pine. Maple. I inhaled the scent knowing I would never get enough. My eyes caught the ground as my eye lids started to droop due to the smell. If I believed in heaven, this is what it would smell like.

"That's it baby." The voice sounded so much closer now. I immediately looked up, snapping from the daze that had caught me off guard.

"No!" I yelled before booking it towards the direction of my apartment.

"Come back!" The man yelled so loud that birds flew from their nests into the deep dark night. I shook at the power in his voice, but I refused to turn, to look, to listen. I continued to run as fast as my feet would carry me. I heard a string of loud curse words fly from his mouth before he started to run after me, all the while, I was screaming trying to gain attention.

"Drive." I heard him yell behind him. He was in hot pursuit. The truck started and was suddenly side by side with me on the sidewalk. I continued to run, but no matter how many times I asked for super powers, I still couldn't outrun a car. The truck sped ahead before the man in the drivers seat jumped out and stood in front of me. Panicked, I looked behind me only to see the man from this morning gaining on me.

"Stay the fuck away from me!" I yelled as loudly as I could. My work bag was slowing me down so I dropped it and ran faster in the direction of the second man. Forming a plan in my head, I ran in a direction away from both of the men before making a sharp turn, which hurt my ankles, and running in the other direction. The second man stumbled a bit before regaining his balance, but the luck of the universe never favored me. The first man wasn't fooled by my trick, and had easily caught up to me. I felt his warm hands snake around me, before pulling me back square into his chest. My back seemed to curve and fit like a puzzle against his warm body. He made quick work of holding my hands down to my sides and wrapping his strong arm around both of mine. Tingles filled my body, but I didn't hate them. They were warm and comforting despite the situation. His other hand reached up and covered my mouth forcing my lips closed. My screams were abruptly cut off.

"Shhh." He cooed in my ear. "You'll be okay. I got you." I shiver in delight. He turned with me in his arms to see the second guy.

"Take her stuff to the car then come back with the suitcase." He demands almost coldly. I sent the meanest glare i possibly could to the second man, before realizing I could use him to escape. Maybe he wasn't as set on kidnapping me like this first guy was. Plans were starting to piece together in my head, but for now I would play along.

"Fuck you!" I yell into his hand, but it sounded more like ugh ew. He lets out a deep chuckle that vibrates through his chest and through my body making me tingle once more. What the fuck is going on. How is he doing this to me?

I continue to struggle as I kicked my legs, but he is too tall so my feet just dangle in the air. I try to wiggle my shoulders and escape but he is holding on too tight. I go to my last resort and bite his hand.