Chapter 27

I took off towards the kitchen. I had found the perfect hiding spot the other day, so I made a quick dash and jumped into the bottom drawer of our pantry as soon as the door opened.

"Adi! You know that you can't play hide and seek with me, because I can smell you." He shouted into the kitchen. Stupid fucking werewolves. I held my breath. He would have to come and get me then.

"Come here." He growled the command at me. My body unwillingly shifted at the sound of his growl. I so desperately wanted to go to him, but the slight shame from my earlier actions, and the fact that I now knew he could read my mind made me uncomfortable and embarrassed to the point of no return.

"Don't make me come get you." He growled out his second command, and my body again shifted willing me to obey, but my brain was stronger. I tucked as far back into the cabinet as much as I could, but it wasn't enough. His heavy foot steps approached my hiding spot. He threw open the door and leaned down just enough to make eye contact.

"Come here." He growled out and pointed to the floor at his feet. I felt small under his heavy gaze, so I crawled to his feet and sat on my heels.

"I'm sorry." I wasn't quiet sure what I was sorry for. Maybe for touching myself, or maybe for running from him, or maybe for not listening to him. All I knew in that moment was that I was sorry and my mate was angry. Every experience I had lived with angry men had led to something bad. Never had it led to being kissed hard on the lips by the person I loved most in live. He hunched down as his lips met mine and wrapped his hand gently around my neck at first. I felt his firm hold squeeze around my throat forcing me to stand and kiss him back with equal ferocity. I tried to keep up with his fast pace, but everything stopped when he touched my bare hip, and I was reminded of my naked state.

"Wilder." I hummed into his kiss, trying to get his attention. He growled and ripped his lips away from me. I watched as he pulled my hoodie down enough to barely cover my bare ass. Not a word was spoken as he hoisted me into his arms holding me like a bride, he carried me back to the movie room where he retrieved my panties, not even caring about the movie or my pants which still lay discarded to the side.

"That's enough for one day." Wilder said and carried me back up the stairs to our room. I felt the tears well in my eyes, and the rejection rang true in my heart. I had tried every play in the book, but he didn't even touch me. He didn't even glance at me for too long, in fact, he got upset when he realized I was solving my own problem. The combine lack of comfort from him to ease my embarrassment and the fact that I had convinced myself that my mate was disgusted with me led to the tears spilling from their ducts. I turned my head away from Wilder as to hide the sorrow I felt inside, but I should have known better.

"I loved being in that head of yours, hearing what you truly felt. You have so much to say, I wish I could write what you think. You could fill a book with the sweet words in your head." He hummed. It very well had been the sweetest thing he had ever said to me.

"What?" The statement was a direct contradiction to what my pervious thoughts had been. I turned to watch him struggle to choose the right words.

"You blocked me out of your head. I can still feel your emotions, and I know you're upset. I want to fix whatever I did to hurt you." The look on his face was one of pain as he mentioned possibly hurting me, but I turned to him in shock.

"You really mean to tell me, you don't know what you did?" I asked in shock. He truly was clueless without my help.

"Explain it to me." He whispered in my ear as we entered the room. He carried me to the bed and sat me down in the center of it. Bebe joined me on the bed and nudged my leg with her nose as an encouragement to talk. I sighed and decided I might as well make the effort to communicate if he was.