Chapter 10

Trigger warning: this chapter contains suicide, self harm, and abuse.

The sound of Bebe's barking woke me from the dreadful sleep. I felt the cold sweat consuming my body, and I pushed the blankets off my body, shivering from the chill.

"Bebe." I groaned and sat up. She was perched at the door barking at whoever stood on the other side. I slipped out of bed and walked to the door. Bebe greeted me with licks on my exposed legs. I opened the door, ignoring Bebe. Wilder looked in at me with a cheeky grin.

"Good morning." He smiled and slipped inside the room. He wrapped an arm around me in a half hug, but I quickly stepped away from his touch. It would take a while for me to become fully comfortable with this physical touch thing.

"Good morning." I mumbled back. He looked slightly disappointed at my decision to leave some space, and unlike my normal numb self, I felt disappointed too.

"How are you feeling?" He asked and put the back of his hand to my forehead, checking for a fever. Did I look that bad?

"I'm okay." I sighed out. "I think I should head into work today." I smiled at the thought of getting out of this house. No matter how much I wanted to trust him, he did take me. I can only hope that what he says about the feelings he has for me is true, and he gives me freedom.

"You look sick, I don't think you should go into today." He said firmly, but I wasn't ready to give in just yet.

"I'll shower up. Plus, I always look like this in the mornings, not a beautiful sight." I chuckled. He shook his head and reached for my hand. Surprisingly, I let him take it. He ran his thumb over the back of my hand and smiled a kind smile at me. I felt butterflies fill my stomach, and I yanked my hand away. The butterflies didn't disappear, but his smile did.

"I'm going to get ready." I sighed, and walked into the adjacent bathroom before he could say anything. After showering and getting ready, as I normally do, I wrapped his big blue fluffy towel around my cold body, and walked into the bedroom. I immediately realized my mistake, as I didn't have any clothes in Wilder's room.

"Fuck." I cursed and walked to the door. "Wilder!" I yelled out, but got no response. Don't werewolves have super hearing or something? I peeked all around looking for anyone, but no one seemed to be upstairs. Run. I dashed out of the room and headed straight for my room. As I touched the door knob, an old couple walked around the corner holding hands. I groaned and stepped inside my room. They saw me, I know that much, but hopefully they didn't see too much.

I quickly put on my long sleeve gray sweater with my black ripped pants. Once I was satisfied with my appearance, and not looking like death anymore, I stepped back out of the room. The old couple seemingly disappeared, and hopefully I wouldn't have to see them again. I walked down the staircase and into the kitchen where I approached Willow and Zeke sitting at the table together, smiling and laughing.

"Good morning." I smiled brightly. They looked away from each other, and smiled happily at me.

"Good morning." They both greeted. I sat down next to Willow, and looked around. Wilder was stood at the stove cooking breakfast, that smelt amazing, I might add. He turned to smile at me, and hopefully was convinced by my appearance that I was, in fact, not sick.

"What are you all up to?" I asked, for lack of better question. The loving stares between Willow and Zeke left a sour taste in my mouth, despite my love for both of them, and happiness for their love. I couldn't help the  jealousy I oozed because of their relationship.

"Just eating." Zeke answered, without every breaking his loving eye contact from Willow. She seemed to be the only thing worth his gaze, I wish someone would look at me the way he desired her.