Chapter 53 | Final War

There's no time to think about the past and regret it because no matter what we do, we wouldn't change the fact which we wouldn't bring back the lives that were taken from us no matter what we do.

We ran towards the backyard. We ran to get away from those hordes of monsters wanting to eat us alive. We ran to meet with our groups that are assigned to the backyard, for our escape, only to find them. . .

Blood could be seen everywhere. No matter where you look, you will see that deep red liquid dropping from something no matter where your eyes go. The grasses that were once so green became tainted with crimson liquid coming from the body of our dead companions.

Body parts are everywhere, and no matter where your eyes stop. . .

All you can see are dead bodies.

Tears suddenly fell from my eyes that caused me to lose myself again— I stopped running and I felt like my soul is wanting me to seek and see every face that is lying in the ground than to run for my life.

I. . . couldn't believe it! I started walking towards where the majority of the dead bodies are lined up because I don't want to assume. I don't want to think that all of them are dead and that includes my best friend.

Ramdam ko ang panginginig ng aking katawan sa pinaghalong galit at takot habang nakatingin sa mga walang buhay na katawan ng aming mga kasama.

Pakiramdam ko'y nawawalan ako ng lakas at parang gusto kong manghina, tumigil sa isang gawi at hayaang mamatay sa lugar na ito.

Galit. . . dahil ang dahilan ng ito ay mula sa aking plano.

Siguro, kung kasama nila ako ay hindi ito mangyayari? O. . . siguro'y kung nag isip pa ako ng ibang paraan. . . kahit impossible, siguro maiiwasan namin ito?

Looking at the numbers of the dead bodies in front of me, I don't want to believe that. . . everyone from the other group was eradicated by. . . only one monster? I am not sure. I don't know. . .

At takot. . . dahil alam ko sa sarili ko na hanggang dito na lang. Hearing those moans and groans, and their shrieks as they're slowly closing the place where we are, I doubt if we could escape from these monsters? They're too many, and we've lost enough manpower to fight for them. Only a few of us were left behind and I don't think we have the power to fight anymore.

“Harper!” I heard them shouted to call my attention but my focus was on those bodies lying on the ground. Not too far, I saw the same military uniform that has pale rotten skin— and I already imagined what happened to this group.

They were attacked. . . because we didn't inform them. We couldn't inform them because we were so scared looking at that monster outside the wall. . . the firefighter one.

They were attacked. . . because we're too late to move.

And they were attacked by their very own companion.

Nakarinig ako ng malakas na ingay sa itaas, at nang bumaling ako sa pangalawang palapag sa aming banda ay nakita ko sila Faye at Phoenix na patuloy na bumabaril mula sa kanilang pwesto.

My eyes widened as slowly, I felt like a bullet just shrunk through my soul.

Their backs are facing us while continuously shooting those zombies, but their presence here is enough to wake up me from my self-pity thoughts!

They have their very own brave expression while continue fighting as if what happened to their group doesn't shake their faith.

They continue fighting even though their group lost almost half of them, and they will continue to fight until someone from this group would successfully escapes spreading the words about what happened on our adventure!