Survival 21 | It Won't Be Easy

I still couldn't believe what I just learned, and from being absentminded, I don't even know how we've reached the house where our companions are, who welcomed us as if they've been waiting for us to arrive in this haven— the only place we are safe. . . as of now.

And I've never felt this relieved that I've found myself surrounded by these people who gave warmth to my frigid feelings inside.

The atmosphere changed right after we arrived, which maybe they saw my expression of terror and dread that was only been recognized by my system.

I've only realized how dangerous this adventure we are about to face, that it could be compared to an iceberg, what we are knowing could be the upper part that is visible into human eyes.

And that remaining 80 % are hidden beneath the depth of the bottomless sea, surrounded by darkness that there's no light underneath.

I felt as if palpitating due to the fast beating of my heart. I held it into my chest and heaved a sigh. I wanted to cry. . . in terror I've been feeling as if I've dreamt of a terrifying one, a nightmare, and I was just woken up by it.

My body started trembling and my eyes became watery, blurring my gaze yet I still lifted my head to look at them with a piercing gaze.

“What the heck was that creature?!” I asked in between deep breathes that I don't know how I've managed.

Faye quickly came into my aid as she brushed my back gently as if comforting me, and without me saying words, they seemed to understand that we've faced something dangerous.

Unable to remove my gaze at Dreyard who's keen at watching me, demanding an explanation for that strange creature I've witnessed.

And based on his expression right now, as if he's already expecting me to act like this, that after discovering that hideous creature, I might be crazy if I won't panic like this.

The atmosphere changed into dead silence, some of my teammates trembled that my eyes caught from my peripheral gaze as if trauma was suddenly unlocked, the one we have witnessed before. Just like me, terror and dread replace their concerned expression and I know. . . all of us know how dangerous those monsters who could think.

How about if they'll attack us, right?

That joker is something that we don't expect to exist and just by the look of my expression, they know that I've experienced something that even I wasn't expecting it.

“It was. . . a dangerous one that could kill everyone. . . a bunch of people in just a blink of an eye.” A whisper escaped from my lips, for which Faye's hand on my back trembled that she quickly removed it.

I wasn't the only one who's scared.

Because my group experienced it before.

Only that. . . the one we encountered doesn't wish to kill us.

And now that I've learned about that creature, I don't want them to encounter it.

Because we will die. All of us.

“Now you understand how dangerous it is,” David said, one of our companions earlier who saw what almost happened to me. . . to us.

He's looking at me as if he's pitying me for what I've seen, for experiencing something hideous like that. Something I shouldn't bother seeing because it would only bring nightmares to me.

As I closed my eyes rightly, that I suddenly remembering the bright red eyes that shone in the darkness which made me gasped and quickly opened my eyes.