Survival 26 | I'm Tired

Dreyard stood straight, stopped pestering Klaus for a while, who's now glaring at him before Dreyard looked into our place.

“Okay Missy, your next question?” He asked and smirked, looking at Zeon who's beside me and then back to me, and the way he's smirking right now as if I forgot something important— oh shoot! I suddenly remembered that I'm the critic here!

“Ah right.” I cleared my throat and looked at him again after I stood up straight.

“How could you be so sure that we'll be going to the place wherever you are talking about? Do you memorize the place we should go?” After all, we don't have any tracker that could locate their place and we don't even know if the pathways are blocked or free to use. And it's not our only problem, the zombies lurking in the ground too.

And those strange ones that we must avoid, the reason why this haven is destroyed.

“The key is our little Klaus, my man,” Dreyard answered and started messing with Klaus' hair just as how he's doing earlier, in which Klaus is trying to remove his hands again but Dreyard just won't let him.

Instead, Dreyard proudly said, “This man is a living tracker, with him, as long as you have the technology, we would find our way. Well, unless all your gadgets have been destroyed?” Dreyard asked Klaus while still caging his head on his arm that the boy is trying to break free.

“Remove your hands on me first and I'll answer your question!” Klaus answered but Dreyard just smirked and continued pestering the poor guy.

“Can't you answer my question with this?”

“Argh, it's annoying! Remove your arm, old man!” Even though Dreyard isn't old?

Dreyard's chuckle echoed in the open— wrecked place where we are, and that's when I noticed that some of them are already here, carrying sort of materials and bags that I saw Faye who's carrying her military bag, and beside her is another bag on the floor which I think is mine.

“Next question,” Dreyard teasingly said instead. I looked at the poor guy who's now pouting that I shook my head and looked back at Dreyard, continuing our interrogation.

“How sure are you that the place you are talking about is safe?” This is my major question though.

It's not that I don't believe them, it's just that, I just couldn't trust their word of being safe since the last time we thought that we're safe, the cause of this outbreak again is at the same place where we thought it our haven.

We just couldn't stay still knowing that what happened might be repeated again.

If we could avoid the danger, we will do everything to keep everyone safe.

“Why not? They are people from the Philippines,” he said so calmly as if he didn't just drop the bomb in front of our face.

Eyes wide and couldn't believe his words, I opened my mouth to speak, yet before I could even speak, someone I know already reacted ahead of me.

“What?! The Philippines? That's… too far from here!” Faye exclaimed with such disbelief that I instantly looked at her, placing my forefinger in front of my lips to remind her of the place where we are right now, for she bit her lower lip and remained not believing on Dreyard's words.

My companions who are close to her are also looking at Dreyard as if they couldn't believe what they just heard. Even I couldn't believe it.

I mean… the Philippines? That's really far and truth to be told, due to limited resources, we don't even know if we'll be able to get there!