Chapter 38 | Rotten

He laughed bitterly at my words, yet his eyes held pain that couldn't be ignored.

“I hope Zeon would understand that,” he said as his voice was mixed with sorrow and regret, while I just lazily looked at him.

He looks like he was expecting Zeon to be the first one to understand his actions. Like he was so sure at first that Zeon would understand him. However, something is missing, and that's made Zeon lost his trust in Dreyard that I couldn't pinpoint the point.

It was just my observation based on their actions. And since they were best buddies before

Zeon seems someone who would treasure their bond even they wouldn't meet for years, and knowing how their bonds deteriorated in those months they are away from each other, it feels like something happened.

And they were so close when we meet, like those male best friends once they saw their buddies with!

I wonder what happened for Zeon to lost his trust over Dreyard?

Tinapos ko ang aking ginagawa nang tahimik at hindi na rin naman sya nagsalita pa. Mas pabor sa akin iyon, lalo na't sa ganitong pagkakataon ay ayokong umimik.

What happened earlier was still fresh in my mind that's why I can't get myself to be happy and at ease right now, more like to converse with him as if nothing happened when in fact, what happened is something that changed our turns in life.

It was a major turn.

Mabigat pa rin kasi sa pakiramdam.

Tumayo ako, at sa aking pagtayo ay nakuha ko ang kanyang atensyon. Tumingala sya sa akin at ayan na naman ang malamlam nyang tingin, nagmamakaawa, pilit na humihingi ng paumanhin kahit hindi sya nagsasalita.

Huminga ako nang malalim. I can't look at the pair of eyes that thought of that plan, the one who commenced that order that caused them to sacrifice their lives. I just can't.

Kahit ilang beses kong sabihing iintindihin ko sya. . . ay hindi ko pa rin kaya.

“Would you mind if you could clean this mess? I just want  some fresh air.”

I need to breathe. My thoughts are suffocating me. My feelings are so heavy right now that I just wanted to look above, at the dark cloudy night or if there are stars above, it's finer by me.

I just need the peace that nature always provides for me, and maybe I could get it by looking at the sky above, no matter how dark it is.

And I hope that I could see the moon, to remind me that no matter how much dark days pass, no matter how painful these days are, and those days that were about to come, there is still hope, just like how the moon keeps shining and illuminating the dark sky even there's no star that surrounds it.

No matter how dark it will get, there's still light to reminds us that darkness will pass, and everything will be alright.

The moon will be our pitch of hope that remained to ignite within us.

Tumango sya at nagsimulang ayusin ang mga gamit, nakita ko ang pagnginig ng kanyang kamay na ikinaiwas ko ng tingin.

“I got it. Thank you for helping me.” I didn't answer. “You can go to the backyard, they've put a pyre so you can pray for the soul of your companion.” Nag-iingat nitong sabi.

Maybe he doesn't want to hurt my feelings and remind me of what happened earlier but. . . that couldn't be helped.

I nodded my head. “Thanks,” I whispered and quickly turned my back but before I could walk, I heard him speaks.