Survival 20 | Strange Creature

“Since our people increased, we are now lacking resources,” Xander announced, the scientist who questioned Zeon earlier.

Sitting on the floor at the sala with these people who are strangers to me, aside from Zeon who's sitting beside me. Some of our people are already sleeping from tiredness from our exploration, and I wasn't that heartless to wake them for this small meeting.

It just happened that I couldn't sleep despite the tiredness I'm feeling, for that Joker we have encountered didn't leave my mind that I kept thinking of why it looks so sad that night we witnessed it.

At nakita ko silang nag-uusap sa sala kasama si Zeon na nakasandal sa sofa na napaayos ng upo nang makita akong lumabas.

I didn't hesitate to join in their conversation when I've learned that they're talking about resources, for I am well aware that our addition of presence here made their supplies lack for everyone.

We've brought our remaining foods, but we shouldn't depend on it, after all, the time will come that we will face a crisis where resources will deplete as days passed without searching for them.

That's the worst thing that might happen in an apocalypse.

Prevention is always better than cure.

“Let's go at night,” Dreyard suggested that made my forehead creased. I looked at him, bewildered at his words.

It has to be a joke!

“Zombies are dangerous at night,” I opposed.

After all, we would be having a hard time once we get those zombies' attention at night since we won't be able to see through things too, especially to our surroundings. Who knows when we're running away from a horde of undead creatures and the path we're running to is already a dead end?!

Dreyard just smirked as he leaned at the wall at his back, the way his hair moves, almost covering his eyes for it's a bit long, which is understandable since maybe they don't have time for cutting it.

“Only if they would see us. That's why only four of us will go, are you in?” he asked me that I got lost for words for a while.

Am I?

But for the sake of humanity, and in hope that we'll find someplace where we could call home, the first thing we should do right now is to explore and to look for more.

And if I won't go, how could I ever explore? I'm still unfamiliar with this place as right now, I don't know where to go when finding things or such.

And who knows if we will meet some survivors along the way?

“I'm in,” I probed with courage after a while of having deep thoughts, as I lifted my eyes and met his amused emerald ones.

“As expected.” He nodded his head and stood straight.

“If you ever heard something different, don't go and never look for it. Those sounds are warnings. Just leave them at where they are,” Dreyard repeated with such seriousness in his voice that made me stop from fixing my boots.

I heaved a sigh. “You've been telling me about it.”

“I just want to make you safe by avoiding danger.” Natigilan ako panandalian nang marinig ang kanyang sagot, bago bumuntong hininga at tumango.

“I know. Thank you very much.” But once is enough for me.

“Are we going there?” David asked with such an expression on his face. He's one of Dreyard's companions, and right now, looks as if he couldn't believe what he just heard.