Chapter 49 | Betrayal

We didn't think twice, especially when I saw Dreyard's expression— it was terror and anger mixed as if he knows what is going on right now. But most importantly, it was concern that is visible to his face, concerned at his little brother whom he treated without other's consent.

That's what I could see on his face, and he's even leading us with such haste on his movements.

Mabilis kaming bumaba at dumeretso sa Dining Area kung saan maririnig ang mga sigaw ng aming mga kasama, tila mga pumipigil sa kung sino mang may gawa ng kung ano.

Habang humahakbang palapit doon ay palakas nang palakas ang kabog ng aking dibdib, kasabay ng palakas at palakas na sigaw na nagmumula sa aming mga kasama.

“No… Marcus! Let go of Klaus!”

Klaus? Fuck!

Nang makarating kami doon ay nakita ko ang pangyayari.

In the dining area, our companions are at a distance between the two— from Marcus which is holding Klaus, with a knife pointed to his neck, the reason why the poor child is trembling in fear and face tainted with betrayal right now.

Base sa kanyang ekspresyon, hindi nya inaasahan ang pangyayaring ito, kung saan ang taong pinakamalapit sa kanya ay kaya syang tutukan ng kutsilyo sa kanyang leeg.

Betrayal and hurt dominated Klaus expression as he stood there, with a trembling body and doesn't even know what's happening, even though he could see our companions who are begging for his life to be spared.

He couldn't believe what's happening— based on his eyes wide in disbelief, that it seemed in this child's mind, it was just a nightmare and he'll wake up in no time, for he closed his eyes tightly and tears started to ran down his cheeks.

Huminga ako nang malalim, handang umabante at kausapin ang lalaki, baguhin ang kanyang isip, ngunit kaagad na may napansin.

I could smell a familiar perfume— the same scent that I smell that day we lost the majority of lives from our companions. How could I forget about it? It was so strong when we reached Dreyard's group that I thought it was caused by everyone's sweat glands for running for their lives, and now that Dreyard admitted it to me. . .

I suddenly remembered that Marcus removed the spare jacket that was knotted on his pants and maybe he let it be burned by the flames that they're the ones created to remove evidence or what.

The one that Meredith called Blood Harvest.

Where our companion sacrificed their lives— or so we believed.

Hinanap ko agad ang taong iyon at nang makita ko sya at bakas ang pagkatraydor sa kanyang mukha na para bang wala rin itong alam, at nang gumawi ang tingin nito sa akin ay kitang kita ang takot at kaba na mababakas sa kanyang mukha.

I signaled her to slowly escape and get some guns that she quickly got it. Mabilis na napalitan ng pagkaseryoso ang nabibigla nitong ekspresyon kanina at dahan-dahang umalis rito.

She's trying to calm herself in this situation even though we're already lost in the first place.

No one was expecting this, not even Dreyard.

“Marcus, please stop!” A voice from their group, and it was David, as if he's trying to calm his companion's mind, reminding him of their perfect plan that they're about to execute.

Marcus laughed devilishly.

“Stop? Why would I stop?” He looked at our companions, particularly at Phoenix.

“This motherfucker wouldn't leave our key alone! How could we execute this plan, huh?!” he shouted, and we already know what he's saying even though the others look confused at Marcus' words.