Survival 6 | Soldiers of Humanity

COUNTLESS POSSIBILITIES lies within our world, and it's all up to us whether how we will accept them as a whole.

I followed behind Yuki as she made her way towards the end part of this vehicle. It wasn't confirmed if there's a problem, yet the pounding of my heart is making me nervous right now.

What she said earlier came into my mind like a virus that removed every thought I have, that only those words dominated my mind.

“Yuri, what were you saying earlier?” What I said made her halted. She looks at me, eyes became sharp as if she remembered something, and the anger could be seen on her eyes couldn't be mistaken.

“Ah, that.” She smirked devilishly, rage is still visible on her beautiful face. “If that crazy Major succeeds of what he's planning earlier, it isn't the pilot who should have became zombie, but our leader.” My eyes widened, but my mind seemed to disregard the information I just received for I couldn't believe it.

My mind refuses to believe it.

Kasabay noon ay ang pagbukas ng pinto at bumungad sa amin sila Zeon na may hawak na listahan. Zeon's eyes quickly caught me, who remained frozen and in denial, as his wonder could be seen on his eyes as he made his way towards our place.

“Sergeant Smith is here, Captain,” ani Yuri na ikinatango ni Zeon. Palihim kong kinurot ang aking kamay upang matauhan. Harper, you're in between a life and death situation!

“What's wrong?” Tanong ko at lumapit sa kanya. Inilahad nya ang listahang kanyang hawak sa akin.

“The food they provided us. . . it isn't enough.” My body became cold hearing what he said. The idea I refused to listen, yet like a virus that slowly destroys my rational thoughts and slowly turning them into dangerous ones.

The idea I already have, even before Yuri said those words.

Humakbang ako palapit sa kanya, nanginig pa ang binti ngunit tuluyang nakalapit sa kanyang pwesto. “What do you mean?”

My eyes stopped at the piece of paper in his hand. Kinuha ko iyon at binasa. My eyes turned slits seeing the list I saw already. What's—

“We are 35 in this group. The amount of food that was listed, and the actual food being hidden is too little to survive in this place.”

Mouth gape in surprise, I transferred my gaze to him with eyes wide as I couldn't believe what he just said. He licked his lips, his eyes are dangerous especially when he's angry, just like now.

“If you don't believe—” I cut what he's saying.

“I believe in you.” And silence engulfed us for a while.

I still couldn't believe what I'm learning right now. I am not stupid not to realize what's happening.

I thought we were only soldiers who were assigned to fulfill a job, but now that they successfully eradicated us from their radar, we've become warriors who would fight to bring honor and glory, for the sake of humanity.

“We need to hunt,” aniya habang nagsimulang baguhin ang nasa listahan na ikinatango ko.

“Let's discuss the plan with them, and those things we need to learn.” Tumitig ako sa kanya ng mariin. Huminto ito sa ginagawa at ibinalik ang titig sa akin. My gaze is firm that I would do anything to suck information from their group.

He nodded his head, face remained serious. “Very well.”

“The whole nation is in chaos, and the cause isn't from your family.” Yuki looked at me, as she starts the explanation once we're already in the living room of this military plane.