PROLOGUE

“THE WHOLE NATION is in chaos, and the cause isn't from your family.”

I couldn't believe what I just heard. All those times, those people made others believe that the reason for this apocalypse was because of our family. No explanation, as it became transgression to ask for it.

Now, hearing that someone is saying the exact words akin to my beliefs, I don't know but somehow, it feels kind of. . . light.

I couldn't even believe what she said to me, but the next one she spoke brought terror within my body.

“The reason why they assigned people for exploration, for us to become the food of those infected outside the Military.”

Yet I somehow believe that it the reason why, for there aren't so many people who came back from their exploration outside the walls. And those who came back. . . became mentally ill until we couldn't see them anymore.

With chin high, I bravely look at these soldiers who would bring hope to humanity. The one who will protect those people, and will save the world to end this madness starts with us.

Hope, is the strongest weapon that humanity has.

“We're trapped within this battleground full of hordes of infected monsters that could kill us with just a scratch. We don't have any choice but to fight.” They nodded their head, carefully listening to my speech. I sighed heavily and continue.

“We don't even know if there are survivors who remain fighting on the ground. I'm holding on to the thought that some are still alive and that—” I lift my head and faced them with chin up. “It was my dream to protect them. Make them feel secure in this cruel, terrifying world.”

It was my dream and has always been my dream ever since.

“We don't have a place where we could call home, so it means we're survivors now?” Someone asked. And the idea of being survivors in this world that turned into a cemetery for those undead corpses is terrifying.

The undead's necropolis, for they now occupy our once peaceful world.

I nodded my head. “Even they eradicated our presences, we remained soldiers and that's something we should not just put aside. And a soldier's duty is to protect and fulfill the job being assigned to us.”

And even it's the end of the world, we will fight.

“Since I hold the highest status in this group, I'm assigning you a new mission. Protect and survive. Protect those remaining survivors and make them feel secured,” Zeon peeked at me when he paused after saying it, before looking straight again. “And survive at all cost.”

We will survive.

I sighed heavily and look at them with determination in my heart. “We are soldiers of humanity. We will build our base, and end this madness with our generation.”

I admit. It's hard, especially since what we are fighting for are like supernatural beings who could infect their virus on our skin and make those alter our appearance, even our way of thinking. We would become undead corpses lurking in the once beautiful world.

And if we won't become zombies, we will fight in a horde of an army where we are at disadvantage.

This is sacrifice.

But we're talking about the lives of those remaining alive here, even there's no certainty.

And we chose this race. We made an oath to sacrifice ourselves if it could bring back the old world, with or without a military.

Count me in, for I will die just to bring back victory to humanity that once faced defeat.

⋘ ───────── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ───────── ⋙

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE: SURVIVAL COVERS

2017-2019
by littlepinkmushroom

2017-2019by littlepinkmushroom

2020
by Geksxx

2021by Beauxif

2021
by Beauxif