Survival 10 | Ready?

THE SCARIEST fact you'll encounter in a survival is when you don't know anything about the opponents you're about to face.

That only the verified knowledge we have is that what we're about to face mindless creatures, which they're only using their eyes and ears to locate prey that they will devour.

And if that information isn't right. . . it will be a huge disadvantage for u.

Somehow, the news about those scientists who study these monsters has been such a loud case in our military. I always hear them talking about how these monsters keep improving and just like how humans have been adapting into places they're oblivious about, these monsters are surviving on their own.

Like a survival to the fittest.

Only the strongest prey could live among all.

“Best, anong baril 'yung kukunin mo?” Bulong sa akin ni Faye na aking nasa gilid, na syang kasabay kong maglakad papasok ngayon.

Sumagot ako sa kanyang tanong. “Maybe the lightest gun.” And the best sniper gun I always use.

Kasabayan rin naming naglalakad ang iba, at ngayong paalis na kami sa lugar na ito, maiintindihan ko kung bakit mixed emotions ang aming kasama.

They are excited, but they couldn't hide the fact that they are nervous. . . we are nervous that we are trying to hide. Well, it's okay to feel nervous. It's just that, don't let nervousness consume you.

And speaking of the lightest gun. . .

“Anong baril nga?” Napatingin akong muli kay Faye na nasa gilid, at sa likod nito ang iba naming mga kasama na hindi mapakali habang naglalakad kami sa lugar na pagkukuhanan ng aming baril na dadalhin sa ekspedisyong ito.

“QBZ.” Sagot ko kahit hindi naman sigurado. I'm still contemplating whether I'll get the lightest gun or the sniper type since I'm not planning to get closer to those zombies, for it is equivalent to sacrifice.

Hence, to the range of SMG, you need to get close to those monsters to guarantee a headshot.

Napatingin ako sa kanyang muli nang bumuga ito ng hangin sabay irap.

“Pangtamad talaga.”

Hindi nalang ako nagkumento sa kanyang sinabi.

Natahimik kami hanggang sa makarating kami sa loob, kung nasaan iyong mga gamit at masasabi kong kahit nakarating na kami rito'y hindi ko pa 'rin maiwasang mamangha.

Inilibot ko ang aking paningin sa aking mga kasama at nakitang may pagkamangha sa kanilang mga mata.

We are soldiers and love weapons as much as we love combats. Well, we created a habit of loving combat because of one reason, and that is to fight and protect humanity.

And now we are mankind who will protect the remaining population outside the military, and our new oath is to protect and rescue the innocents and helpless ones, those who are still alive even after years have passed.

I'm hopeful that the humanity outside those walls still hasn't perished.

“What are you waiting for?” Pambabasag ko sa katahimikan at walang gumagalaw. “Go get your desired weapons. They're all ours.” I smiled at them, which became the pushing button for they quickly head towards where their desired weapons are.

“I'm gonna get the QQ9!” Krysler's fading voice echoed as he went to his desired gun. “Because I'm Cute-Cute-Nine!” he joked, which was followed by waves of laughter.