Chapter 42 | "Kiss Him"

“I know he would say that,” Faye whisper which cut my thoughts, and what she said made me look at her with a questioning gaze.

She seemed as if she knows what's running in my head, as she sighed heavily. “I know that he wouldn't let us enter in this dangerous situation and that he would only keep it in himself.”

As Faye looked at me. “After all, he doesn't want his princess to get involved,” wika nya nang hindi inaalis ang tingin sa akin na ikinanuot ng aking noo.

With that look, I completely got the message her eyes are trying to say. The reason why Zeon doesn't want to tell it to us because of the thought that I would involve myself even no matter how he wants me to avoid it.

As I rolled my eyes.

“I'm not his princess, nor what he wants me to be.” As I remembered what he said that day— let him lead the way and I'll stay behind him.

Umupo ako sa kama at pinagsalikop ang aking daliri, nanatiling nakatingin doon nang malamig, dahil hindi ko alam ang dapat na isipin.

“I am not the damsel type of woman, I am your commander.”

And a commander doesn't step back for situations like this.

He couldn't change me because he wants me to follow what he will say.

Well, when did I started following someone's order? Even though his rank is higher than mine inside the military back then, it doesn't change the fact that in this situation, he's leading this group with me, and that's enough for me to butt in his businesses.

“Precisely, that's why we will investigate it by ourselves.”

Nag angat ako ng tingin nang marinig ang sinabi ni Faye.

She slowly walked towards the bed as she sat down beside me, before lifting her hand to gently pat my shoulder.

Her light brown orbs are starting into my light blue ones with full of adoration and proudness within them. Her pale skin shows how she hasn't got enough sleep for days, yet even right now, that her wavy chocolate hair is ponytail into a tight bun, she still looks a goddess.

She gave me a proud grin. “After all, our leader wouldn't keep quiet with something like this happening in her group,” she said warmly.

Something tug could be felt that my heart melted and right now, I just wanted to hug her. I've been longing for a hug from my best friend ever since 'that' happened.

And it seemed as if she knows what's running in my mind because she quickly pulled me and engulfed me into a tight hug that made my eyes watery in just seconds that passes by.

I instantly calmed feeling her warmth that I missed, for she is my home and her comfort always calmed before. . . and even today.

“I missed you. I'm sorry, I was busy being furious with myself,” she whispered, that I didn't bother stopping myself and encircled my arms at her too.

“You are not alone.” I was being angry with myself too, that I hid it by busying myself from those working out and by improving myself because that's the only thing I could do. . . as of now.

We are the weak ones.

Kahit ngayon, wala pa rin kaming advantage laban sa mga zombies na nakapaligid sa amin. Kahit ilang taon na ang lumipas, kahit na patuloy ang pag-angat ng teknolohiya. . . wala pa rin kaming nagawa nang maulit ito, at hanggang ngayon ay wala pa rin kaming magawa.

Yes, we live in prototype generation where everything is now possible. We have our upgraded guns with unlimited bullets, but it is useless once we've been injured by those monsters.