Chapter 54 | Lost (Part 1)

With every slash of its fast hands, despite when Zeon's arms are being protected with thick magazines, drops of blood were being spilled that the once cleaned floor is now tainted with the blood of the best commander I've ever met.

I couldn't think straight.

“No!” I shouted even though I know I could get the attention of those zombies who are chasing us below.

That shout might attract them to run towards this floor but I don't care.

Tears started to fall from my eyes as I ran close to where Zeon, who remained struggling from that fucking monster.

Hindi ako nag isip nang itutok ko ang baril sa katawan ng zombie na iyon. I pulled the triggers with both of my hands, the reason why the bullets inside the guns came out so fast and continuously, the reason why the hooded monster stood up— because he doesn't have a choice.

Nakatayo ito at dahil patuloy ang aking pagbaril ay paatras ito ng paatras. With every step backward that it's doing, is my step forward to close our distance, patuloy ang pagtulo ng aking luha na hindi ko na ginawa pang punasan.

My body is shaking and deep inside me, the darkness that I'm trying to fight is slowly coming back. It's trying to engulf my body again, but my anger is what pushing it deeper inside me. The reason why it won't win.

Galit. Iyan lamang ang aking nararamdaman sa pagkakataong iyon.

It's not enough to see the body of this monster as every bullet of my weapons is penetrating its body.

Walang tunog na maririnig rito kaya't nanatiling tahimik ang aming paligid, maliban sa mga yapak ng aking mga kasama mula sa mabibigat nilang sapatos.

Bawat pagpasok ng bala sa katawan nito na siyang lumalabas sa kabila ay ang paggalaw ng katawan nito dala ng impact ng aking bala.

The red eyes that this monster contains don't scare me anymore. It was once brought fear into my being. The red eyes are identical to the woman that I once feared the most. But today, I'm looking at it like something that must be eradicated.

As the red eyes that this monster has is looking at me with. . . I don't want to believe it, because I once put in my mind that monsters don't feel fear. But right now, I don't know what to believe.

Because the pair of red eyes in front of me is looking at me with fear. Like I am a monster and he's the victim.

A gunshot echoed in my hearing, as it struck the monster's forehead, making its body lie on the handle of the stairs yet I remained shooting it. I don't want to believe that it's dead already. . .

We thought that our companions died, but they were here, and they're the reason why we have too many casualties.

“Harper.” I felt someone held on my shoulder that caused me to jolted a little.

“It's now okay. It's dead,” Dreyard's soft voice echoed in my hearing, and the way he said it, it was like he's scared that I might be hurt by it.

Mahina at nag iingat ang kanyang boses, hindi dahil maririnig sya ng mga zombies sa ibaba, kundi dahil iniisip nito ang aking nararamdaman— iyon ang intindi ko mula sa kanyang boses.

Ngunit hindi iyon ang aking hinihiling sa ngayon.

Mabilis kong inalis ang kamay nitong nakahawak sa aking balikat at patakbong pumunta sa gawi ni Zeon na namimilipit sa sakit.

He doesn't know where to hold, because both of his arms are injured due to that monster's claw.

Patuloy ang pagkalat ng dugo mula sa kanyang malalim na sugat na nanginginig nyang inalis ang mga magazine na nakapalibot doon habang mariin ang kagat sa kanyang labi.