Survival 32 | Thrill

Never have I ever thought that I would fight my fear in a situation like this.

Kailanman, ay hindi ako nakaramdam ng ganitong klaseng takot, simula noong bata hanggang dumating sa punto na ang pamilya ko ay napagbintangan na kami raw ang dahilan kaya't naulit ang pangyayaring ito.

Truthfully, we don't know what happened. We just found ourselves waking up in the morning where we have to run for our lives to be saved.

I was taught that humans are evil, that's why we shouldn't trust anyone or else, it will be our downfall. Humans are the worst kind of creatures because you don't know what lies beneath those sweet smiles that they have plastered on their faces as if they're some kind of angel who would save you from this cruel world, not knowing that they will be the one to cause for your downfall.

We are human. I am a human. But it is wrong for me to consider them as the most devious creature alive in this world?

However, I don't feel scared about it, about everything. When in fact, I was more of a thrilled child.

Because who wouldn't be?

I grew up in such a boring environment— my parents are always working and I don't have someone to play with. I am all alone since I don't have any siblings nor friends that I could play with, and most importantly, I only have my nannies back then.

Thinking back, I thought that being thrilled in such dangerous situations is just normal, and growing up valuing only myself— thus means having no emotions at all.

I've learned not to care too much. I've pushed people away and funny because I don't even feel remorse for it.

But because our family is known to this country due to having countless laboratories and investors of high finance malls and even schools, since both my parents are engrossed in investing in business especially in something they really want; they were accused of something just because we have the same surname as the man who's part of those who created this virus.

Smith. . . yeah, that surname is cursed.

And because of that, we have to live by always looking at our back in fear that our trusted companions would stab our backs. Yeah, that's worst, to always watch your back and live with trust issues because who knows if those people that surround you are only playing with you?

Until they couldn't stop themselves.

A week after that virus broke out, I just saw myself in their room— my mother is in their bed with a bloody wrist that continued dropping on the flood, the air-conditioned room roar in this metallic-smelled place, and above her was my father who hangs himself to the ceiling fan to end his life.

Cruel. . . it really is.

How could they leave every responsibility they have into me— a child they've always left behind in this huge house without anyone else that I can talk to with?

A child. . .

Who is oblivious of how evil those people are, that I grew trusting those evils.

After that, I joined the military after they found our home— which I don't know why and up until now, it's still a mystery to me.

I don't know how they reached that place, our safe house was located inside the forest and that's where we were hiding after that virus broke out.

They found me while I was mourning with the responsibility that was left to me, being carried that heaviness above my shoulders, with those people who sweet-talked me, saying that everything would be taken care of once I follow them home.