Survival 33 | Grassland

The place was dark and tensed, with the decision I just made and the fact that the people I am with today aren't fully trusting those walking ahead of us, leading our way.

Tahimik ang lahat at para bang walang gustong magsalita, at tanging sumusunod lamang sa lugar kung saan kami idadala ng dalawang taong nasa harapan namin ngayon.

Ngunit tulad nang kung saan kami sinanay ay hindi maaaring hayaan lamang namin ang mga ito sa kung saan kami dadalhin.

I am watching carefully those two, and I know that I wasn't the only one, since the hawk-like stares from my companions are what I could feel, and I know that these people in front of me are feeling the same too. Yet the woman is decided to remain quiet because they know that speaking could make us change our minds.

Both of them moving so gracefully that I'm doubting that they're planning something dangerous for us.

I'm actually thinking of different scenarios where they will lead us into a zombie-zone area— a place full of flesh-eating monsters, trapping us in that place and that's what I'm being cautious about.

Lalo na't halatang alam na alam nila ang daan, alam nila kung ano ang pasikot-sikot rito, at pakiramdam ko'y alam nilang may mas malapit na daanan ngunit mas pinipili nilang sumunod sa kung anong alam namin— na siyang ikinatataka ko.

Is it because they don't want to break our trust. . . that wasn't there in the first place? Or maybe they wanted to gain our trust— that's why they're being careful at what they're doing?

Kaya't nang hawiin nila ang makapal na nakababang sanga ng puno ay bumungad sa akin ang isang factory na nasa ibaba nitong lugar at kalagitnaan ng palayan na halatang sira, ngunit dulot sa repleksyon ng ilaw mula sa bubong na siyang mula sa maliwanag na langit, ay siyang nagpapahiwatig na tama ang aming pinuntahan.

The solar panels above the factory are the ones reflecting the light from the east part of this Whiteridge town— the one that Dreyard said to us.

The girl looked at her back, to us and gave us a small yet sincere smile.

Natigilan ako habang nakatingin rito, at dulot sa liwanag mula sa kalangitan ay doon ko lamang nakita ang mukha niya.

Her eyes. . . looks sad.

Nakita ko ang marahang paghila sakanya ng lalaki at umiling na hindi ko maipaliwanag kung ano, at natauhan lamang ako nang hawakan ni Zeon ang aking siko.

“What's wrong?” he whispered and concern was visible to his voice due maybe to my sudden silence, even though I was always silent.

He's so close that I could smell his natural alluring scent. Humangin ang paligid mula sa kanyang likod na dahilan upang mapahawak ako sa aking buhok upang hindi matamaan ang kanyang mukha ng mga hibla noon.

It's just that, what's bothering me is the sad eyes from that woman filled with grief and heaviness.

I shook my head and smiled before I looked at those two who seemed as if talking— whispering about something they only know. I cleared my throat to get their attention.

Napatingin sila sa amin na dahilan upang maalalang may kailan pa kaming gawin. Tinignan ko sila nang malamig at deretso.

“Aren't we going down?” What I said made them looked at each other.

The man, to remind her about something as if they needed to do, while the woman, who shook her head before she looks at us with courage yet I couldn't deny the fear underneath the courageous face she's showing.

That's what could be seen on their face and it's so obvious.

“It's dangerous,” the woman suddenly said that made me look at him in surprise.