I. New Earth

Rose and I walk into the TARDIS after saying goodbye to mum and Mickey. Rose shrugs her rucksack from her shoulder, putting it down on the grating of the floor and I leave my suitcase near the ramp and a coral beam. The Doctor looks up from the console looks at us smiling before pulling a lever with extra vigour.

**********

Rose, the Doctor and I are operating the controls. "So, where are we going?" I ask him.

"Further than we've ever gone before," he grins at us and we grin back.

**********

Rose, the Doctor and I step out of the TARDIS onto a windy stretch of grass. My mouth drops open. "It's the year five billion and twenty-three... we're in the galaxy M87, and this... this is New Earth," the Doctor explains, looking around. We all look at a futuristic city with flying vehicles zooming to and fro.

"That's just... that's..." I stutter in amazement before bursting out laughing.

"Not bad. Not bad at all," the Doctor says.

"That's amazing. I'll never get used to this. Never," I smile. "Different ground beneath my feet!" I jump up and down excitedly.

"Different sky...!" Rose beams. "What's that smell?" she asks, smelling the air.

The Doctor bends down and pulls some grass up before showing it to us. "Apple grass," the Doctor smiles.

"Apple grass...!" Rose and I beam.

"Yeah, yeah!" he says.

"That's beautiful!" I beam, gazing up at the Doctor with a wide smile. "Oh, I love this. Can I just say..." I begin before looping my arm through the Doctor's and grabbing his hand. "... travelling with you... I love it."

"Me too!" he beams grinning down at me and I laugh quietly. "Come on!"

He grabs Rose as we walk away from the TARDIS and further into the field of apple grass.

**********

The Doctor lays his coat down on the grass, spreading it out before laying down on it and Rose dumps herself next to him. However, leaving me no room on the coat for me so I end up having to stand next to the Doctor. "What are you standing there for?" he asks suddenly, looking up at me.

"Well, if you haven't noticed, there's no room on your coat so I'm going to stand," I explain and the Doctor shakes his head.

"Nope. Move up a bit, Rose. We'll make room," he says before Rose and the Doctor moves up slightly and the Doctor pats the space next to him. "And there you go. Come on, lay down."