A Visit to An Old Friend

I walk into the console room, where Rose and the Doctor are sitting down on the jump seat, near the console

I walk into the console room, where Rose and the Doctor are sitting down on the jump seat, near the console. I walk over to the console before beginning to pilot it. "Hey. Hey. Protector, what are you doing?" the Doctor asks me as I move around the console.

"Taking us somewhere. I want to go see an old friend." I tell him.

"Wh... which old friend?" the Doctor asks.

"Well, you're gonna have to find out, won't you?" I ask him, before landing the TARDIS and walking out of the TARDIS and into a street, opposite the house that I end up smiling at. The Doctor and Rose run out of the TARDIS, after me, making them overly confused. "Wh... Where are we?" Rose asks, confused.

"Right opposite 13 Bannerman road. The home of Sarah-Jane Smith, Elijah Smith and Adeline-Hope Smith." I tell them.

"But why are we here?" Rose asks even more confused now.

"Well, I said I wanted to see an old friend now, didn't I?" I ask before beginning to walk over the road. "We'll come on then." I tell them, making the Doctor and Rose run so they can catch up with me.

I knock on the door to the house before hearing yelling coming from inside. "Mum! Someone's at the door!" I hear Adeline yell from inside.

"Can someone get the door for me? I'm busy." Sarah yells, which it sounds like it came from upstairs, in the attic. "Okay, mum! I'll get it!" Adeline yells, and a few seconds later, the door opens and Adeline-Hope Smith stands before me, the Doctor and Rose. "Doctor. Rose Galaxy. Come in. I'll go and fetch my mum." she tells us before running up the stairs and the three of us walk through the door and into the living room after the Doctor takes off his coat and hung it up.

Soon enough, footsteps are heard coming down the stairs, making me turn my head to see Sarah-Jane walking down the stairs. "Doctor? What are you doing here? Please tell me there's no alien invasion that I have to help you deal with?" she asks the Doctor, making him chuckle slightly. "No. Everything's fine Sarah, well, with me at least. It was Lex that wanted to come and see you. I have no idea why because she just walked into the console room and took us here." the Doctor tells her.

"Really? But I thought that you were the only one who could pilot the TARDIS, well other than your wife, but she's dead." Sarah-Jane tells him, making the Doctor look at me, as I stare down at my hands. "Isn't she?" Sarah adds on, making her look at me as I lift my head. "Hi, Sarah. It's good to see you again." I tell her, making her gasp and gape at me.

"Galaxy? Is that you?" Sarah asks me, making me nod my head.

"It is, Sarah. It's nice to see you again." I tell her, as I stand up and she pulls me into a hug. "B... But when I saw you at the school a few months ago, y... you had no memory of all of this, like being the Doctor's wife and everything." Sarah says.

"Well, it's quite complicated to be quite honest with you. I could explain it to you if you would like?" I ask her, making Sarah nod her head. "Alright then. Um, so, this locket." I begin, grabbing the locket, that is still sat on my neck as I love the locket and don't want to take it off, and show it to Sarah. "It was my chameleon arc. The Doctor has a pocket watch as his but anyways. I've been trapped inside of it for nearly ten years, and a few weeks ago, Galaxy Tyler, the person who was me as I was stuck in the locket, she ended up letting me out. And since then, I've been back. Yet, for some reason, I've felt as if I needed to do something and I only figured it out last night in the TARDIS so I needed to come here and see you." I explain to her. "Because I need to apologise for everything that happened before we dropped you off, and for dropping you off in Aberdeen, but someone didn't want me to pilot the TARDIS and wanted to do it himself, even though he knows that I'm the better driver out of the two of us." I say as I turn my head to glare at the Doctor before turning back to Sarah. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything that we did to you. We showed you that life and we didn't even know what was going to happen when we had to leave you. And I can still remember the look on... Elijah and Adeline's face when we dropped you off." I choke, forcing tears to stay back as I talk about my dead children.

"Hey. It's alright, Lex. Don't worry about it. It's all in the past now." Sarah tells me making me nod my head.

"Mum? Why did we hear our names being called?" I hear someone ask from behind me, making me turn my head to see Elijah and Adeline standing in the doorway of the living room, and in all fairness, it's quite a large doorway. I put my hand on my mouth as another sob comes before getting up and running out of the house. "Protector? Lexy, what's wrong?" I hear the Doctor ask, yelling towards me as I run into the TARDIS, with him running after me, with his jacket in his hand and Rose following after him.

**********

I sink down the wall in the Doctor and my bedroom, my head resting in my knees. "Nova? Are you in here?" I hear the Doctor ask as the bedroom door opens, making me look up, my vision blurry from tears flowing out of my eyes. "Oh, Nova, what happened back there?" the Doctor asks me, kneeling next to me and bringing me into a hug. "I miss Elijah and Adeline and when I saw Sarah's adoptive children, I guess something broke inside of me and I... I couldn't stay inside that house any longer, Kas. They look so much like our kids, and I miss them so much." I whisper as the Doctor pulls me into his chest, kissing my hair.

"It's okay. I miss them too, Nova. But we'll get through it. Together, alright?" he asks me, making me look up at him and nod my head. "Okay." I whisper before placing my head back on his chest and it's the last thing that is said between us as we just sit there, in our bedroom, alone together, in silence.

" I whisper before placing my head back on his chest and it's the last thing that is said between us as we just sit there, in our bedroom, alone together, in silence