I. The Age of Steel

Previously:

Previously:

"We surrender! Hands up..." the Doctor tells us and we all put our hands up. "... there's no need to damage us, we're good stock. We volunteer for the upgrade program. Take us to be processed."

"You are rogue elements." one of the Cybermen say.

"But we surrender." the Doctor tells them.

"You are incompatible." the Cybermen says.

"But this is a surrender!" the Doctor exclaims.

"You will be deleted." the Cyberman says.

"But we're surrendering! Listen to me, we surrender!" the Doctor yells.

"You are inferior. Man will be reborn as Cybermen but you will perish under maximum deletion." the Cyberman says. The Cyberman raises its arm and reaches towards the Doctor. We all stare at it terrified. "Delete. Delete. Delete!" the Cyberman exclaims.

Now:

The Doctor quickly moves his arms and points the power cell at the Cybermen, which expels a shoot of golden light which bounces off one of the Cybermen and onto the others which causes them all to disintegrate. "What the hell was that?" Ricky asks in pure shock and confusion.

"We'll have that instead, run!" the Doctor yells before grabbing onto my hand and we all run. A woman drives onto the scene in a blue van, hooting her horn. "Everybody in!" the woman yells. Pete tries to run back to the house but the Doctor grabs him and tries to restrain him. "I've gotta go back, my wife's in there." Pete points out to the Doctor.

"Anyone inside that house is dead. If you wanna help, then don't let her die for anything. You've gotta come with us now." the Doctor tells Pete who understands and hurries back to the van. "Come on, get a move on!" the woman yells. Rose is still staring at the house and the Doctor and I go to her. "Rose, she's not your mother." the Doctor points out with quiet urgency.

"I know." Rose tells him.

"Come on." I tell them, grabbing onto the Doctor's hand again since he let go of it to restrain Pete. The Doctor pushes Rose in the direction of the van before the three of us climb into the back and since there isn't enough space, the Doctor pulls me onto him lap. "Finished chatting? Never seen a slower getaway in my life!" the woman exclaims before we drive off.

The van is driving along at a steady speed now, relatively calm. Ricky, who is sitting in the front, glares through the grilling at the power cell, which the Doctor handed to me to keep safe. "What was that thing?" Ricky asks.

"Little bit of technology from my home." the Doctor answers him.

"It's stopped glowing. Has it run out?" Mickey asks confused.

"It's on a revitalising loop. It'll charge back up in about four hours." the Doctor says as I hand it back to him and he puts it into his pocket. "Right. So, we don't have a weapon anymore." Ricky points out, making me roll my eyes.