II. The Impossible Planet

The Doctor, Rose and I are back in the control room and the Doctor is on at Zach

The Doctor, Rose and I are back in the control room and the Doctor is on at Zach. "The ground gave way. My TARDIS must've fallen right into the heart of the planet. But you've got robot drills heading the same way." the Doctor says with urgency.

"We can't divert the drilling." Zach says bluntly before walking away. I roll my eyes at this whilst the Doctor stares at him, then I follow him with the Doctor. "But we need our ship. It's all we've got. Literally the only thing." I tell Zach.

"Protector, Doctor, we've only got the resources to drill one central shaft down to the source, and that's it. No diversions, no distractions, no exceptions. Your machine is lost. All I can do is offer you a lift if we ever get to leave this place, and that... is the end of it." Zach says, irritated before he leaves causing Ida to approach the both of us, whilst we look completely helpless. "I'll uh, put you on the duty roster. We need someone in the laundry." Ida tells us, making me look at her shocked before she follows Zach from the room.

"Open Door 1." the computer says as the Doctor and I turn to look at Rose as some of the Ood exits, leaving us all alone. "Close Door 1."

The Doctor and I head over to Rose and we settle against the control panel next to her. "I've trapped you both here." the Doctor tells us both quietly.

"No. Don't worry about us." I tell my husband, stroking his arm to try and calm him down and stop him from worrying too much. Suddenly, the ground begins to shake again. "Okay, we're on a planet that shouldn't exist, under a black hole... and no way out." Rose points out, looking upwards through the window. The Doctor and I both look at her as she catches our eyes. "Yeah, I've changed my mind. Start worrying about me."

She laughs nervously before I pull my sister into a tight hug whilst the Doctor hugs me so it's a three-way hug. The Doctor and I look up at the black hole, darkly, just holding Rose and the Doctor holding the both of us.

**********

The Doctor, Rose and I are now sat by the ancient text in the canteen area, the Doctor is staring at it with his brow furrowed. "Danny, check the temperature of Ood Habitation. It seems to be rising." Zach says over the tannoy. Rose gets up and walks over to the hatch through which the food is being served. Danny stands to do what Zach tells him whilst Scooti is already by the hatch with her tray. "Help yourself. Just don't have the green. Or the blue." Scooti tells Rose as I turn around to the Doctor. "You're still not sure what it says, are you?" I ask him, causing the Doctor to shake his head.

"Not a clue and it's bugging me. I mean, the TARDIS can translate every language apart from Gallifreyan as I stopped her from translating it but other than that, it should be able to translate it." he tells me, making me nod my head towards him.

"Well, you can't beat yourself over this. It's not going to get you anywhere, honey." I comfort my husband. "But-" he begins before I send him a glare, which shuts him up, making me peck him on the lips. "Don't worry. You have time to think about all of this. You're not going anywhere anytime soon." I tell him, making him nod his head before we turn around and sit down to see Rose walking over to us. "Well, that looks disgusting." I tell Rose, pointing at the food. "Eh." Rose just tells me, making me roll my eyes at her.