The Doctor's Wife

The Doctor stares down at Galaxy as she continues to mutter on the grating of the floor whilst Rose stands on the ramp that leads up to the console room

The Doctor stares down at Galaxy as she continues to mutter on the grating of the floor whilst Rose stands on the ramp that leads up to the console room. "Doctor?" Rose asks him. "What's wrong with Galaxy?"

"I- I don't know." the Doctor says, walking towards Galaxy. "Galaxy?"

"No. Don't kill him. Don't kill Theta." Galaxy whimpers, making the Doctor look at her shocked and step back slightly. "Doctor? What's wrong?" Rose asks him, slightly confused.

"Nothing. Just... nothing." he tells Rose before stepping forwards slightly and kneeling in front of her to put his fingers up to her temples, either side of her head. In doing so, he reaches into her head, seeing everything that she's seeing. Memories of him and his wife back on Gallifrey, back in the Temple and on trips in the TARDIS, throughout their regenerations. "W... Who... What's happening to me?" Galaxy asks, tears falling down her face. "Your getting memories of... my wife." the Doctor says, muttering the last part.

"H... Why?" Galaxy asks, slightly distressed. "How am I getting memories of your wife?"

"The picture that I took from you the first time that you were in the TARDIS, remember that?" the Doctor asks, making Galaxy nod her head. "That was you. I wasn't sure until I checked the scan that I did on you this morning but... you're a Time Lady, Galaxy. You're my wife."

"No. No, I can't be your wife. It must be wrong." Galaxy says, standing up and looking over to where Rose was stood to find that she isn't there as Rose walked out of the console room a few minutes before. "Galaxy. The TARDIS is wrong. She's never wrong." the Doctor explains.

"But if I'm here, then did you know?" she asks him.

"No. I didn't realise until recently. But, Galaxy, all those things that you've written in your journal, it's all memories of you. Of us." the Doctor says.

"They're all memories of you and her. I'm not her." Galaxy tells him.

"You are her-"

"No, I'm not." Galaxy exclaims, tears falling down her face as the pain builts up again slightly. "I'm just someone who she made up to escape the Time War. I saw it in her memories." Galaxy shouts. "She... she got shot and... and it was you who was yelling for her. You watched her die, didn't you?"

"Yes... I saw you getting killed by a Dalek." the Doctor says sadly.

"No, you watched her." Galaxy tells the Doctor. "She died and then you ran away because you couldn't cope with her death."

"Dammit, Galaxy. Would you just listen?" the Doctor snaps at Galaxy. "You are here."

"So if I am her, you would've known something. All those dreams, nightless nights of sleep, everything. You knew it was something but you didn't say anything." Galaxy tells the Doctor. "You had to have suspected something. All this time, I thought there was something wrong with me and here you are telling me that I'm a TimeLady, your wife. Unbelievable."