26. draco's assignment

DRACO STARED IN THE MIRROR. His father had requested his presence, Draco nervously left his room and made his way to his father's study. Draco had only came here as a child when Lucius had disciplined him, so he feared the worst. As he walked down the cold hallway at Malfoy Manor, he thought about Willa. He hadn't spoke to her in over a year, but at least he knew she was safe, thanks to his mum. The death eater tattoo was still fresh on his forearm, he winced as he looked at it and jerked his sleeve down. Not because it hurt, the pain was long gone - he winched because he could only imagine Willa's face when she seen it. She would be so disappointed.

Dumbledore was dead. This was Draco's assignment from Voldemort hisself; but he didn't do it. Thankfully, Snape done it. Draco had never taken a life and didn't plan on it, he didn't want Dumbledore's blood on his hands. Draco only assumed this was why Lucius was requesting his presence.

"Sit." Lucius demanded as Draco entered the cold study. His father sat behind a large oak desk, his icy stare cutting though Draco. "You failed."

Draco nodded, waiting for what was to come next. His father stood up and walked over to Draco, looking him dead in the eye. "Your whole life.. you've always wanted to be like me. I want to be like daddy. You'd say." Draco listened quietly, wondering where this was going. "Do you still want that?"

"Yes sir." Draco mumbled.

"Then I have your next assignment." Lucius hissed, placing his cane on Draco's foot but not pressing down. "Kill Willa Bishop."

Draco's heart sank. There was no way, he couldn't do it. He loved his father, but he loved Willa. The longer Draco hesitated, the harder Lucius pushed down on his foot with the cane. Draco began to wince in pain. "Speak, boy."

Draco knew his father loved him, but knew he was a dangerous man. Draco didn't want to accept the assignment, but Willa's life was at risk either way - would he kill her humanely or let his dad torture her? He tried to shake the thoughts from his head, but was distracted by the increasing pressure on his foot. "Answer me, Draco." Lucius growled. Draco stared at the picture if he and his parents on the desk. What was this really about? Would he spare Willa's life and make his father proud? Or disobey his father and be shunned from his family? His mum?

It came down to it: Willa's life or his mother.

"Yes. I'll do it." Draco whispered, trying to not allow tears to escape. He wondered how his father could be so cruel; he knew how close the two used to be.

"Very well. I want it done before fall." Lucius nodded, removing the cane from Draco's foot.

Bill and Fleur's wedding was beautiful and came shortly after the announcement of Willa and Fred's engagement. Willa felt guilty for the reaction she got versus the announcement Bill and Fleur had gotten; Fred said it was vastly different. Of course, the options of Fleur versus Willa were vastly different.

Willa stared across the tent at Fred. Her and Harry both had ingested a poly juice potion to prevent their identities from being known: both were wanted in the world of dark magic. Though, Willa wasn't as well known as Harry - all Lucius' fellow death eaters knew about Willa was that she was one of Harry's cohorts.

The Order, as well as the rest of the Weasley family, had deemed it important that Willa stay hidden and that meant not dancing with Fred. Their relationship was well known and if the wrong person seen a brown haired, tan skinned girl dancing with Fred... of course suspicions would be raised.

The poly juice potion Willa had taken had made her into a beautiful girl - almost to the standards of the Patil twins. Willa admired the new tone of her skin; it was beautiful, but Willa wasn't herself. She couldn't enjoy herself without Fred. Fred smiled meekly from across the tent, waving at Willa secretly. Willa smiled and went back to talking with Harry, who was disguised as a Weasley. As Willa talked with Harry, she scanned the crowd. One important person was missing from this wedding: Charlie.

Suddenly, a lynx appeared through the tent. The whole party froze and stared at the creature before them: a patronus. Willa gawked at the animal and Fred stared at her; suddenly, it was announced that the ministry had fallen and chaos was unleashed.

Willa's eyes locked with Fred. "Run!" He yelled pointing towards the entrance to the tent. Willa knew it wouldn't be long before her potion wore off and as much as she wanted to stay and fight with her family, she knew she had to go. She ran as fast as she could towards the Burrow, hoping no one would find her.

"Where is she?" Fred yelled, bursting through the door of the burrow. The front door slammed against the wall behind it as he stomped through the door. Molly jumped, as she had made it inside before Fred.

"Fred, she's okay." Molly assured. Willa came running from the back room behind the kitchen; she was her beautiful self. Her eyes were swollen from tears; Willa always supposed that's why she was never sorted into Gryffindor, she lacked the bravery that each Gryffindor displayed. Fred let out a sigh of relief as his fiancé piled into him, her beautiful blonde hair smacking his face. She jumped and wrapped her legs around his waist, sobbing into his shoulder.

"You're okay, love. You're okay." He whispered, stroking the back of her head. Willa's experience with death eaters had scarred her for life. As she sat quaking in fear, hidden in the back room, she prayed that her fiancé, and the rest of her family, did not face the same fate she did at the hands of the death eaters.

Willa decided then - no waiting. No planning a wedding. Willa didn't know how much longer she'd be on this earth, or how much longer she could fight Lucius off. She didn't want to live another breath without being called Mrs. Fred Weasley.

"I don't want a wedding. I want to marry you now." She cried. Fred chuckled and kissed her forehead, sitting her back down on the ground.

"Alright, love." He smiled, taking her small face in his large hands and kissing her lips softly.