o8. mudblood

THE JOURNAL FELL FROM WILLA'S HAND.

"Willa?"

Willa didn't know if it was Molly or Fred who said her name. She wasn't paying attention. Her mind was foggy, but going a mile a minute. How did that happen? How was she even conceived? Why did Lucius even give her mother the time of day?

"I'm... I'm... is he after me, too?" She managed to get out. Molly's head fell. Truth be told, he would've never killed Callie if he could've got to Willa; or at least Molly thinks. Just like Harry, a mother's love was the reason Willa was still here.

"Yes, dear." Molly whispered. Fred was silent next to her, his mouth agape.

"Draco is my.... brother?" Willa was asking questions with obvious answers, but was so shocked she just needed to hear someone say it out loud.

"Yes, dear." Molly repeated.

Willa leaned back against the headboard of her bed. "You okay?" Fred whispered.

"I think I'm going to be sick." Willa whispered, retching into the bin next to her bed.

It wasn't that she was disgusted that Draco was her brother. To outward eyes, Draco was a jerk; actually to those who knew him well he was too. He wasn't a good person, but Willa felt sorry for the boy. His parents held him to extremely high standards and Willa, even before knowing they shared a father, felt that Draco was only trying to please him. Willa always believed that deep down, there was some gold in Draco Malfoy.

The incoming information was so overwhelmingly shocking that it made Willa physically ill. Fred grabbed her blonde hair as she vomited. Molly rubbed her back as she came back up. "Dear, you mustn't tell anyone. Are we clear?"

"Yes ma'am." Willa nodded.

"When you leave Hogwarts, you come straight here. Do not go to Hogsmeade. Do not leave the castle unless you are coming back home. Understood?" Molly said sternly; Hogwarts was a safe place, as Lucius surely wouldn't attack her on school grounds, but everything else was free game. 

"Draco, tell me what you know about the girl with the Weasley's." Lucius said coldly at dinner. Draco's head shot up, his father was referring to Willa Bishop. Willa was a sweet girl who hung out with the wrong people: bloodtraitors. Draco's mind was preset to agree with his father's beliefs, though in the back of his mind he knew they were wrong.

"Willa. Willa Bishop. She's two years older than me, Slytherin. She's a prefect, nice girl." Draco said vaguely, he didn't know why his father wanted to know information about Willa, but he didn't want to give too much out. Willa was probably the nicest Slytherin there was. Draco knew that if his father was asking about Willa, he had an alternate motive.

"I heard her mother was killed at the Cup." Lucius said, not looking Draco in the eye.

"Really?" Draco said quickly, concerned. His father looked at him, puzzled as to why Draco was showing concern. Draco didn't know her mother, but Willa had been nothing but good to Draco. She was so friendly and so helpful it was easy to forget that her cohorts were the Weasley's. "That's what they get, blood traitors." He said, noticing his father staring at him.

"Her mum was Calliope Bishop, no?" Narcissa asked Lucius, who nodded carefully. Narcissa was completely clueless to Lucius and Calliope's former relationship. "She was muggleborn, dear." Narcissa pointed out to Draco; one can't exactly be a blood traitor if you're not a pureblood to begin with.

"Really?" Draco asked, raising an eyebrow. He chuckled a mischievous laugh. "She always told us she was pureblood."

"She's far from pureblood." Lucius hissed angrily. Narcissa and Draco glanced at him, confusion on their face. "I don't know who her father is but her mum wasn't even half." Lucius chewed a bite of his dinner. "I don't want you associating with that girl, a liar and a Weasley are to be no friends of your's."

"Yes sir." Draco whispered, feeling slightly guilty for confessing Willa's lie.

Upon returning to Hogwarts, the triwizard tournament was announced. The Great Hall buzzed with excitement; until the age limit was announced. Seventeen.

Willa looked across the Great Hall and smiled as the twins voiced their dislike. "That's rubbish!" They yelled. Fred and Willa's eyes met and he made a puppy dog face, signaling his disappointment that he, his twin nor Willa could participate. After the introduction of the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students, dinner resumed as usual. Raven and Willa gushed over Viktor Krum as Draco approached them. Willa remembered exactly why everyone hated Draco.

He was Draco Malfoy, he had a horrible attitude, and he was cruel.

"My father let me in on a little secret." Draco hissed into Willa's ear. Willa immediately got a lump in her throat; surely Lucius wouldn't confess an illegitimate child to Draco?

"And what is that?" Willa replied calmly.

"You're not a pureblood at all. Ya mum was a mudblood." Draco laughed, "ya hear that everybody?" Draco yelled, standing up on the bench of the Slytherin table. "BISHOP IS A MUDBLOOD! Her mum was a filthy, dirty, mudblood!"

"Malfoy!" Snape hissed.

Willa promptly grabbed Draco by the pants leg and yanked him down. She crawled on-top of her half-brother and punched his nose forcefully. "Mention my mum again and it'll be the last words you speak." She spit on him before Snape jerked her off of him. Cheers erupted from the Gryffindor table.

"Miss Bishop I am growing quite tired of ripping you off of other students." Snape said blandly, secretly appreciating the accurate punch she threw.

"50 points from Slytherin." Dumbledore sighed, resting his head in his hands; embarrassed of the display from the Slytherin table. "20 points from Gryffindor for Fred and George's applause."

"I'm sorry, Willa." Raven sighed, "my mum doesn't want me hanging out with you anymore." She sat her bag on Willa's usual seat in Potions.

"Are you serious?" Willa whispered, simply shocked.

"Yes I'm serious, now please find somewhere else to sit

"Yes I'm serious, now please find somewhere else to sit." Raven looked straight ahead at the board. This was unbelievable. Willa stared at her friend, or ex-friend, for a moment before surveying the room for an empty seat. George waved to catch Willa's attention.

"Here, Willa! Join us." He gave up his seat next to Fred so Willa would be able to sit with them, moving back one table to sit with Lee.

"You still okay?" Fred whispered as class started.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Willa smiled, but Fred wasn't convinced.  Ever since Malfoy's display at dinner Willa had been sitting by herself for all meals.

"That was a wicked punch." He said and the two snickered underneath their breath; Snape glared at them from in front of the room which only made it harder to stifle their laughs.

"Good to have you back, Willa."

"Good to be back, Freddie."

It was going to take Willa a while to grieve her mother, but she was glad she had Fred and George to help her with it, as well as the rest of the Weasley family.