17. the girls are hungry

"WE NEED TO TALK." Malfoy whispered, walking at a safe distance behind Willa.

"I have nothing to say to you, Malfoy." She hissed, clenching her books tightly to her chest.

"It's about your father, Malfoy." Draco mocked, knowing, by blood, Willa was a Malfoy. Willa froze in her tracks and turned around, ensuring there was no one around. The school had been quite different since Umbridge had taken over and there always seemed to be either her or Filch roaming.

"What?" Willa whispered. Draco bit his lip; after his night with Raven, after he had gotten sober, she confronted him about what he said. He panicked, of course, and blamed it on the whiskey. Something told Draco that Raven wasn't convinced. Now that the idea had been planted in her head, the resemblances between Willa and him were uncanny. Draco explained this to Willa. Willa listened, but her head was in a different world. It span with what the possibilities and repercussions could be of Raven finding out that her and Draco shared a father.

"How could you be so careless?" Willa hissed, angry. This was all Draco's fault; if he hadn't started about the Weasley's that night they wouldn't have fought, he wouldn't have retaliated with that song, he wouldn't have slept with Raven.

"She might not say anything." Draco shrugged, realizing all these events were his fault.

Willa scoffed, she had spent six years with Raven and she knew exactly how she was. When she found out a bit of juicy gossip - she told everyone. For all they knew, her secret could already be spread throughout Hogwarts.

Willa waited outside for Fred and George to finish class. She had skipped every class period since Draco's revelation this morning. "Where've you been, love?" Fred asked as he exited potions, kissing Willa's lips.

"We need to talk." She whispered to the twins. The three left and went to the only place they knew safe: the Room of Requirement. This was the room where they had been practicing DADA with Harry as Dumbledore's Army, an association Willa was happy to be a part of.

As soon as they were in the room, Willa ran to Fred's arms and began sobbing. "He told Raven." She sobbed. Fred looked at George and both of their eyes widened in horror; they knew exactly who told Raven and what he told her.

"That little..." George began to exit the door, but Fred caught him. Fred was usually the one to act rashly, but he knew this wasn't a situation to act without thinking.

"It doesn't matter what the Order decides.." Willa sniffled, "if she knows, everyone will know. I have to go. I have to go before he comes for me. If I don't exist, then Raven just
made up a lie. He'll kill me and call her crazy." Fred held his love close, wanting to protect her from all evil. He knew he couldn't. Willa's father was one of the most vile and cruel wizards there was; he knew that she was in almost as much danger as Harry hisself. Harry couldn't run; but Willa could.

Romania was never Fred's preferred option; he was selfish, he didn't care what happened, he just wanted to be with Willa when it did. He had decided in hisself that he would protect Willa from all danger and had been leaning to the option of her confronting Narcissa. As she shook his arms, terrified of the uncertainty of Raven telling everyone, he understood.

Fred understood that the safest place for Willa was Romania. The odds of Lucius following her, especially with the rise of Voldemort, were slim to none. She needed to leave, until he was distracted enough and it was safe for her to come home. "Okay." He sniffled, holding Willa's face in his big hands. "You're going to Romania."

Charlie came to retrieve Willa. She had her bags packed, but she wasn't ready. She hadn't left Fred's side since she had woke up that morning. Actually, she hadn't left his side since she snuck into his twin bed that night. She wanted to spend her last night home in his arms. "Write me everyday." Willa sniffled.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea, dear." Molly warned, knowing all it would take would be for one owl to be intercepted. Fred pushed Willa's face against his chest.

"We'll figure out a way, Willa. I promise." He whispered, kissing her one last time. Charlie sat at the table, ready to leave with Willa. Fred turned to Charlie, who reassured he would keep her safe.

"I'll protect her just like I do my dragons." He joked, rustling Willa's hair. Fred nodded.

With one last round of hugs, the two apparated. Fred stared at the spot where they had stood, wishing Willa was still there. "How long will this last, mum?" He whispered, trying not to cry.

"I don't know, dear." She sniffled, rubbing her son's back. Fred walked away, without saying a word, and went straight back to bed. Life without Willa was going to be hard; he had just got her in his life as his girlfriend, he had just confessed his love for her... their relationship had been growing stronger and then this happens. Fred didn't know how much more he could take.

When Charlie and Willa arrived at Charlie's home in Romania, the sound of distant roaring filled the air. "Feeding time." Charlie chuckled, unlocking the door to the cabin and entering.

"Boys, this is my sister in law Willa. Willa, this is the boys." Charlie introduced her to two scraggly looking men around the table. Willa nodded and smiled shyly; surprised that Charlie introduced her as his sister in law. Yes, her and Fred were dating but it warmed her heart for him to call her that. The boys nodded and went back to their beer. Charlie ushered Willa into a small room just off the kitchen; it was a little drafty, but suitable with a bedside table and bed.

"I know you and Fred aren't married, but these ole lads haven't seen a beautiful woman in ages. Just wanted to make it clear you were taken." Charlie whispered after the door was shut. He was very protective over Willa, seeing her in the same light he seen Ginny and loving her just as much. "It's not much." He said, gesturing to the room. "But it'll do. There's two bathrooms in the house, we cleaned one out just for you so you could have your own."

"Charlie, you didn't have to do all this." Willa gasped, feeling guilty that they had given up a bathroom just for her.

"You're like a little sister to me, you'll only get the best while here. Besides, they're disgusting. You'll thank me later." Charlie chuckled, leaning against the door frame. "Now, get dressed in something warm. If you're going to stay here we're putting you to work... the girls are hungry." Charlie beamed. Willa gulped.