25. widow

NARCISSA TOOK HER NIGHT GOWN AND RIPPED IT UP THE SIDE. She took some of Willa's blood that hadn't dried in stone yet and smeared it across her face and neck. She tussled up her hair and began screaming.

Everyone in the Manor that heard her came running; Draco, who was up for a midnight snack, was the first to get to his mother. "Is anyone with you?" Narcissa whispered. Draco shook his head. "It was Willa. I saved her, Draco." Narcissa smiled widely. Draco nodded his head, trying to hide a smile. "Now, play along."

Lucius was next to the basement and his eyes widened when he seen his wife. "What happened?" He growled, walking over to the open cell door, he found it empty. Anger washed over his face as he turned back to his wife.

"I was curious, love. She attacked me. She asked me for a sip of water and she took my wand." Narcissa's voice was very convincing.

"That little..." Lucius growled, ready to kill.

"Let her run. She won't get far." Narcissa suggested. Lucius nodded, knowing she was right.

"Are you alright?" Lucius asked his wife blandly.

"Yes, quite alright." She nodded, winking at Draco after Lucius walked away.

Much for Narcissa's relief, Lucius believed her with no questions. For now, the girl was safe. That's all she was worried about. Narcissa didn't know why she felt so protective over Willa Bishop... she should actually want her dead. But, she couldn't stand the thought of an innocent child at the blunt of Lucius' wrath. Everything Narcissa done in life she done for Draco and that could've easily been him, if she wasn't pureblood.

Fred hadn't left Willa's side since she got home. When she finally decided to go go bed, she had asked Fred to lie with her until she fell asleep. Fred, of course, agreed and snuggled up to Willa, taking in every moment he could - thankful she was home and safe. Fred knew Molly would be up soon enough - "I'm too young to be a grandmother"- she'd say. Fred wasn't laying with her for these reasons - he had spent the last few months thinking he was going to spend the rest of his life without Willa, and now that she was back, he didn't want to be another second without her.

Charlie pecked on the bedroom door and Fred turned over, almost asleep hisself. He stood up and walked over to the door to talk to Charlie. "I came up to say bye to Willa and mum told me to tell you to go to bed." Charlie chuckled in a whisper.

"You're going back to Romania?" Fred asked, surprised that Charlie was going back so soon. He'd just lost his two best friends and almost his third, he assumed going back to the place he spent so many nights with all three would be hard.

"Yeah." Charlie smiled sadly, looking at Willa's sleeping figure. Her back was turned to them and she was wearing a tank top, her "mudblood" scars still fresh. Charlie winced and swallowed hard, not wanting to imagine what Willa went through. "Our neighbors, they're watching over Scout and Millie... I need to get home to them." His eyes didn't leave Willa. "Stay with her. Mum will be mad, but when is she not?" He punched his brother playfully on the shoulder. "She needs you, mate. Take care of her. We all grew quite fond of her up in Romania." Charlie smiled, tears forming in his eyes.

"You know I will, Charlie." Fred whispered, giving his brother a side hug. "She loves you all too. It's all she'd talk about in her letters."

Charlie nodded, fighting the tears that were wanting to spill over. "I love you both." He hugged Fred tightly, "Tell Willa I'll be back. Gotta go take care of her girl."

"Millie." Fred chuckled. Charlie nodded before giving one last wave and receding down the stairs. Fred crawled back into bed with Willa, his arm brushing her fourth mudblood scar as he did so. Willa winced in her sleep and her eyes shot open. "I'm so sorry, love." Fred whispered, cursing hisself for being so clumsy. He kissed Willa's shoulder softly.

"Molly's going to kill you." Willa whispered sleepily, pointing out the fact Fred was still in bed with her.

"I guess you'll just be a widow then." Fred joked.

"We're not married, Fred. I can't be a widow if we're not married." Willa giggled, turning over to face Fred.

"Do you want to be?" Fred cocked an eyebrow, his suave and confident appearance was not matching his nervous and nauseous interior. He had been thinking about this for a while, wanting to ask Willa when she was home safely. He didn't know her trip to Romania would be cut short, so he wasn't prepared, but that didn't change his feelings.

"What?" Willa gasped, jumping out of bed and onto her feet. Fred stood up as well, dropping to one knee and placing his hands on Willa's hips.

"Marry me, Will. Be my wife." He looked down and swallowed, nervous. "I don't have a ring, but I promise I'll get you one-" Willa, who was quite a bit shorter than Fred, was almost eye to eye to Fred, who was on one knee. She grabbed his face, leaning down slightly and kissing him passionately; her heart wanted to explode with all the happiness she was feeling.

"Of course, Freddie." She smiled. "Of course I will marry you."

Fred laughed and jumped up, grabbing Willa by the hips, careful not to touch her back. He swung her around as she wrapped her arms around his neck - everything in that moment was perfect. Lucius Malfoy in the far back of Willa's mind.