27. blessing

THE SAME HAPPY LITTLE MAN THAT MARRIED BILL AND FLEUR MARRIED FRED AND WILLA.

The ceremony wasn't what Willa wanted; but honestly, she'd married Fred in a potato sack if she'd had too. Harry, Ron and Hermione didn't attend. Neither did Charlie. The trio were understandable; they had their own problems. But, it actually hurt Willa that Charlie didn't attend - was he mad at her? After all, if it wasn't for her Thatcher and Lukas would still be safely in Romania, not in the grave.

Willa tried to push these thoughts out of her head, after all, Charlie had ensured her that Thatch and Lukas would've died no other way. She still was convinced, but tried to push it out of her head long enough to enjoy her wedding.

It was small. Only Ginny, the twins, Bill and Fleur, and Molly and Arthur attending. Willa, ever since she was a little girl, had dreamed of a big, extravagant wedding. Calliope had always wondered where she got her expensive taste from, being that she grew up humble; Callie scraped galleons just to get by. Willa was humble, but always enjoyed the finer things in life.

As Willa looked around at the table, only a fraction of her family there, she realized her taste for fancy things came from her lineage: the Malfoy's. Staring at the humble reception, the group sipping fire whiskey mixed drinks around the old table at the Burrow, Willa realized that it didn't matter if there was a fancy ball gown, a nicely decorated tent and a large cake - all that mattered was she was marrying the love of her life and she had her family, even if only some of them were in attendance.

Fred smiled from ear to ear as he stared at his beautiful bride; it was a humble dress, not even white. Just a normal dress she'd had for any other occasion. Still yet, Willa was more beautiful than ever under the dim lights of the Burrow's kitchen. She took a sip out of her drink and Fred watched her intently; the war raging around them, for that moment, didn't exist. Willa wasn't a wanted person. She was just his wife.

George stayed back at the Burrow to give Willa and Fred alone time at the flat. They secretly apparated back home, ready to spend their first night as husband and wife together.

Since they had apparated, Fred's hadn't the chance to carry her across the threshold. "Wait!" He yelled, just as she took of towards his bedroom in the flat. Well, now, their bedroom. He lifted her up in his arms as she giggled, crossing the door frame into the bedroom.

Several hours later, Willa laid on Fred's chest, covered up with a sheet. They were both exhausted, but the adrenaline from finally being married didn't allow them to sleep. Willa sat up in bed and giggled, stretching her arms out. "Mrs. Fred Weasley." She sighed.

Fred stared at his shirtless wife; she was so beautiful, but his heart broke as he stared at her back. He could only imagine the pain and agony Willa went through. Fred reached up and wrapped an arm around Willa's waist, jerking her back down onto him. "Yes. Sounds lovely, no?" He smiled, kissing her lips softly. Willa sighed, not wanting to ruin the moment but feeling the conversation was necessary.

"You know, as perfect as this night has been, there is still a war going on..." she chuckled nervously.

"Ah yes, why'd you have to bring that up?" Fred groaned, chuckling.

"Promise me something, Fred." Willa said, her tone changing. Fred's hand rested on her waist as she laid on his chest.

"Anything, my love." He smiled, kissing her temple. Willa sat back up, looking away. She pulled on Fred's t shirt as a draft hit her bare skin.

"If I don't make it out of this war... and it's not looking good.." tears began forming in her eyes, imagining a life without Fred. She could only imagine how he would feel if - not if, when - Lucius got her. "Be happy. Find someone who makes you as happy as you've made me all this years. I'm giving you my blessing." She sniffled and wiped her eyes.

"Willa

"Willa." Fred said, his tone almost angry. How could he live without Willa? How could she talk like that? Fred wanted to scold her for talking such crazy talk, but he knew deep down that the danger that threatened her life was very real. There was two things Fred knew for sure: he would protect Willa with his life, at all costs. Second, she was the love of his life. If their love was cut short, then that was all the love he was supposed to have in this life. Willa didn't speak; she just sniffled at the foot of the bed. She expected Fred to be angry; not angry with her, but angry with the fact she had such a gloomy outlook on things - though it was a reasonable thought. All Willa wanted was for Fred to be happy, if that meant with someone else after she died then so be it. "Willa Weasley, look at me." He said again. Willa turned around, tears leaving a trail through her makeup.

Fred crawled to the edge of the bed and grabbed his wife's face in his hands. "I won't promise you that. I can't. But I will promise you this: I vow to you today, and for the rest of my life, to protect you with my life. If I fail, then I won't ever love another woman. You're all the love I want in this life, even if it's not for long."

"I can't do this." Draco whispered to hisself, shaking all over. He had been nauseous ever since his new assignment from his father; he wished now he had just killed Dumbledore. Would he still have given Draco this new task if he did? Probably so. Draco paced back and forth in his dorm, he couldn't kill Willa. She was his sister; but that was precisely why his father wanted her killed, to preserve the Malfoy name. Screw the Malfoy name, there was no way he could do it.

But his mum; his innocent mum. What had she ever done? Draco owed every good trait about hisself to his mother and Willa; they had taught him that he had good inside. Draco knew he couldn't confide in his mum; she had saved Willa once and knew it wouldn't happen again, it was too risky. She loved his father and betraying him twice was a dangerous game.

Draco had to do it. The decision really did come down between losing Willa and losing his mother. Though he loved Willa, he loved his mum more.