15. weasley is our king

RETURNING BACK TO HOGWARTS WAS NERVE-WRACKING FOR TBE NEW COUPLE. Yes, couple. Willa and Fred had made it official after their encounter in the hallway. George was over the moon; he had been rooting for this relationship since picking up on the feelings between the two.

They weren't nervous about being together - that was easy, like it was meant to be. They were nervous as to what the Order's decision was going to be. Willa had ensured Fred that it wasn't completely up to them, that she had the final say. Fred wasnt convinced; he knew Willa would take the advice of the order to heart.

Willa studied in the common room in a Weasley jumper; but not her's. A large "F" adorned her chest. Draco came in for their usual midnight talk, raising his eyebrows. "A Weasley?" He scoffed. Willa stared at him. While she loved her brother, and knew deep down he was good, sometimes his old attitude and habits came forward even when they were alone. "Sorry." He smiled softly, catching what he had said.

"Is he good to you?" Draco whispered after some time. Though Willa was older and they couldn't have a full sibling relationship, Draco was fiercely protective of his sister.

"Of course." Willa smiled, "the best."  Draco shook his head.

"I'm just having a hard time accepting the fact my sister is dating a Weasley." He snarled his nose. Willa gaped at him again; she loved Draco, of course, but he was raised to believe that anyone who so much as tolerated Muggles was a blood traitor. Her blood began to boil. Willa knew she had a short temper, but she could usually overlook Malfoy's shenanigans.

As Willa continued to stare at him, she realized that they shared the same blood - or, at least half of it - and if she had a different mother... a pureblood mother.. then she would be Draco. She would have the same attitude, the same outlook on life. Willa had began to grow close to her brother, but the fact he was basically insulting her family, and boyfriend, was making the blood rush to Willa's face in anger.

"What?" He laughed. Willa shook her head.

"I should've known." Willa said, knocking the blanket she was covered in off and heading towards the dorms.

"Willa, I was just kidding." Draco laughed, "I can't believe you're actually mad." Willa was in his disbelief... he just kept talking. "I mean, they're blood traitors. They're poor."

"You do realize my mother is a muggle, right? And that our father killed her? Up until we got close, the Weasley's were all I had." She shook her head and looked away, "apparently they're still all I have... and they're more than enough." Draco stood speechless as Willa continued, "and let me tell you: the Weasley's might not have much money... but they're rich in other things. Love. Happiness. Laughter. Things I'm sure you've never witnessed growing up in Malfoy manor." Draco scoffed and stormed away, hurt and angry. Willa was too. She just feared for how Draco would handle this; he usually didn't handle confrontation well. 

Willa was right. Draco did not handle it well. Willa knocked a bludger back over to the Gryffindor side, her head not in the game. She couldn't focus as the song was sang below them. Weasley is Our King. A song directed at Ron, who had been elected prefect. As the song was sang, Ron became distracted. Slytherin was winning, thanks to Ron.

Willa listened closely to the lyrics.. that's when she heard the derogatory regarding Harry's deceased parents... Molly... Arthur... she knew this song was written by Malfoy.

Quidditch was very important to Willa; but Harry and the Weasley's were more important. She landed her broom and refused to play. "You all should be real proud of yourselves!" She yelled to her fellow Slytherin, one of which was Raven.

"Shut up, you filthy mudblood!" She yelled, Willa slung her broom down and began climbing the stands, trying to reach Raven. If she had, Raven would've regretted it. A strong arm grabbed her waist and ripped her off the stand. It was Fred. Willa turned around, her eyes wide with anger.

"Do you hear what they're saying, Freddie?" Tears filled Willa's grey eyes. She wasn't sure if it was from hurt, betrayal or anger. Fred didn't reply, the tips of his ears were as red as his hair. His hands were clenched at his sides, as he, his twin and Harry approached Malfoy, who had landed as well.

Willa watched as tempers flared, the boys yelling back and forth at each other before the fight broke out. Willa wanted to stand and watch, but she knew it wasn't the right thing. She grabbed her boyfriend by his shoulders and ripped him off of Blaise before turning to stop George and Harry as well. Before she could get to them, the professors had made it to the pitch. Snape swatted both Malfoy and Harry on the back of the head, breaking up the fight.

"Detention. All of you." He said sternly.

Willa should've known that even if she and Draco shared the same blood, they weren't the same person. Willa wanted to defend Draco, she wanted to blame his attitude on his upbringing - in reality, Draco was responsible for his actions and Willa had come to realize it.

Detention was interesting. The air was cold and tense as the four boys and Willa dusted the trophy case. Willa stood between the twins, Fred protectively shielding her from Malfoy. Willa kept glancing over at her brother, who was half-heartedly polishing the trophy in his hand. Willa was angry; she really thought Draco was different.

The thought of who she might've been came back... who would've she been had she been raised by Lucius as well? Willa remembered all the years she was attached to Raven's hip, before her secret was revealed. Well, one of her secrets. That's the good thing about Draco - his family was so prominent that Willa knew he wouldn't reveal her second secret, regardless of how angry they were with each other. She remembered how cold and cruel she was. She remembered what a miserable time she had.

Willa watched Draco's face in the reflection of the glass. Willa wondered if he was happy. She had seen him truly happy, in all the moments they shared late at night, just talking about life. But, overall... was Draco miserable? Just like she had been when she put up that facade?

Willa had seen the real Draco. A Draco with qualities much like her own; a compassionate, loving Draco. Someone she respected. Draco has lived his whole life attempting to live up to his father's expectations.. trying to be like his dad. As Willa stared at Draco's reflection, she wondered if he would ever show the world his true self. If he would ever put aside blood status and stop with all the cruelty; Willa wondered if Draco would ever be truly happy.