o6. quidditch world cup

CALLIE WAS ON EDGE ALL SUMMER. Thankfully, she could allow Willa to roam all around the Burrow without fear of Lucius. She hoped anyway. She figured Lucius wouldn't know where she was; maybe he thought she had been staying with her muggle family.

Arthur, Molly and Callie were discussing getting tickets for the Cup. While Callie wanted Willa to go and have fun, she knew Lucius would be there and deemed it best she stay home. "He'll be there, no doubt."

"Let her have some fun, Calliope." Arthur squeezed Willa's hand. "I'll protect her. The crowd is so big, there's a good chance we'll never see him."

Callie stared out the window where the twins and Willa were up to something. She was happy to see that were getting along better. Callie's heart broke that she had to worry about Willa's safety wherever she went. She wished that Willa could've had a normal childhood. "If she goes, I'm going." Callie said sternly.

"Fantastic." Arthur smiled.

The children were ecstatic with the news of the tickets. Willa was the first one awake the morning of the cup, the twins shortly after.

Willa packed her back and sat it by the door, she had been smiling widely since they had got the news they were going. Callie was so happy to see that her daughter was smiling; she was truly excited. Willa hadn't had many moments like this in her life and Callie savored her beautiful smile for as long as she could.

Eventually, Hermione rounded Ron and Harry up and the group was off. Callie and Arthur leading the group. "The Bulgarians are obviously superior." Willa discussed with the twins. They, who were partial to the Irish, scoffed.

After meeting up with Cedric and Amos Diggory, the group grabbed hold of the portkey and left for the cup. When they arrived, they began climbing the several flights of stairs to their seats.

Willa didn't care if they were at the main top; she was just happy to be here.

"I'll be in the Minister's box with my father." A familiar voice called to Harry. Willa leaned over the edge to see who the bragging voice was: Draco. "Bishop! What're you doing with the Weasley's?"

Callie turned to see who Willa was talking too; it was no other than Draco Malfoy.

"Oh, shut it Malfoy. You know they're my friends!" Willa said defensively, annoyed with Draco. She realized how Fred must've felt when she was behaving in that way. Callie and Lucius' eyes met; Callie's body immediately grew cold.

Calliope couldn't focus on the match. Even though she knew Lucius was down below in the minister's box, she still kept looking over their shoulders to ensure Willa's safety. Willa stood between the twins and cheered until her voice was hoarse.

"Stay close to me, love." Callie whispered as they made their way to the tent.

"Mum, I'm not a child." Willa rolled her eyes playfully. "I'm okay."

"Just listen to your mother, please." Callie insisted. Willa obliged and stayed close to her mother, slightly in front of her as she walked with the twins.

The group settled into the tent, cheering and dancing around as Ron rushed over Viktor Krum. The twins danced playfully around him, Fred throwing his scarf over Willa's head. She jerked it off and laughed that beautiful laugh they all had kissed so much.

Loud booms came from outside and Callie and Arthur exchanged a look. The adults went out to celebrate as the children continued to dance and celebrate.

This can't be happening. Callie thought. It was death eaters. There were two people in this camp that death eaters would love to get ahold of: Harry Potter and Willa Bishop.

"You have to get her out of here." Arthur whispered to Callie. He barked orders for Ron, Hermione and Harry to run. George and Ginny to go with him. Fred to go with Callie and Willa. Callie turned to face Fred. "Listen to me, Fred." She grabbed his face, "there's a lot about Willa and I that you don't know. When this is all over, I'll explain. But please, if death eaters come our way - protect Willa at all cost. Don't worry about me." Fred opened his mouth to speak but Callie shook her head. "Do you understand me?"

Fred nodded. "Good boy. Now let's go." Callie demanded, grabbing one of Fred's hands and one of Callie's. The three ran through the screaming crowd, trying to get Willa to safety.

The three hadn't been running a few moments when they were cut off by a masked figure. Callie immediately looked down, noting the rememberable ring on his hand. She threw herself in front of Willa and Fred, spreading her arms out to protect them. "Just go, Lucius." She hissed.

"I will not have my blood line tainted, Calliope." He hissed back. He had been waiting for the perfect time to take care of the "problem" that was Willa Bishop. Truth be told, he wanted to do it right then and there when he first met her in Diagon Alley. The consequences of a pureblood, a death eater at that, having a child with a mudblood were fierce. His family name would be stained. He had to eliminate the girl. Lucius shoved his wand underneath Callie's chin. "You should've got rid of her while you had the chance."

"What is he talking about mum?" Willa cried.

"Shut up, Willa." Callie sobbed. She didn't mean to be rude to Willa, she was just terrified. She wanted her baby out of his camp and far away from Lucius Malfoy. "Please Lucius, she doesn't even know."

"Oh, people will eventually put two and two together. They," he was referred to Draco and Willa, "share an unremarkable resemblance. Both Slytherin."

"Mum?" Willa cried, why was this man saying that stuff? Who was he? Willa was clueless to the fact that it was Draco's father due to the mask.

"Willa, please, be quiet." Callie sobbed, arms still strung out in front of Fred and Willa. She turned to face Fred, who nodded, understanding the agreement they had.

Fred wrapped his arm around Willa, ready to run with her. She tried to wiggle out from under his grasp, unsure of what was going on. Callie nodded, signaling Fred to run. She jerked her arm down and grabbed her wand, Fred taking off with Willa in his arms.

"Mum, no!" Willa screamed, beating on Fred's back as he ran. Callie tried to beat Lucius to the punch but his wand was already at the ready; she stood no chance.

"Willa, love, turn around. Don't look." Fred called, grabbing ahold of Willa's head and trying to push it into his shoulder like a child.

Willa broke free from his grasp as they found shelter behind a tent, Willa tried to run back to her mother but Fred jerked her back. "I promised her I would keep you safe, Willa." He said, holding her down. The two watched as Lucius yelled a spell, a green light emitting from the wand and sending Callie flying backwards. She was dead instantly. Fred immediately, crying hisself, slammed his hand to Willa's mouth to muffle her screams. Lucius began looking around, looking for Fred and Willa.

"Come on, Willa. We have to go." Fred cried, jerking Willa's hand as the two ran to the portkey.