11. sibling bonding

WILLA SPENT EVERY SECOND SHE HAD WITH THE TWINS. She avoided any Slytherin interaction at all cost. Her and Angelina were growing quite close, discussing life and quidditch. The two girls really began to like each other.

"You know," Angelina said, as the girls walked to transfiguration together. "I always had the wrong impression of you."

Willa smiled, "to be honest, Angelina, it wasn't the wrong impression. It was the truth."

"How so?" Angelina raised an eyebrow. She always thought that Willa was snobby and obnoxious and had always wondered how she was raised so closely with the Weasley's and still turned out the way she did. After the Yule Ball, Angelina seen what a sweet, fun loving, caring girl she was. Willa looped arms with Angelina as they walked.

"Because I changed. Last year I wasn't the same old Willa. I let Raven get the best of me." She sighed, "I was mean, I was rude, and, as Fred says," her voice deepened to imitate Fred's, "had a stick up my ass." The girls giggled as they continued their walk.

"Well, you're not that girl anymore. You're the Willa the twins always talked about." Angelina smiled.

"Yep, I'm back to myself."

Draco interrupted the walk. "Willa, can I speak to you for a second?" Angelina's grip tightened around Willa's arm, protective of her new friend. Willa was nervous, she couldn't lie, but the look on Draco's face told her something was wrong. Why should she even care?

Because she wasn't cold hearted. Regardless of what Draco had done to her, she wasn't going to return the favor. She got enough revenge in the punch  she threw at his nose. "I'm fine, Angelina. I'll catch up, okay?" Angelina nodded, glaring at Draco one last time before walking away.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Willa hissed. She was going to hear him out, but she didn't have to friendly about it.

"I just wanna talk. Can we go somewhere private?" He asked quietly. Willa examined his face, the first time she had really looked at him since the revelation that Lucius was her father. They shared more resemblances than she realized; she stared into his grey eyes, the same color as hers, and seen worry. Draco really wasn't tricking her. She looked down and noticed that he was fiddling with his fingers. A small smile crept up into her lips.

"Yeah."  She nodded. The two left and walked to a secluded part of the castle, just around a corner. "What's up?" She asked, leaning against the wall. Draco looked around and made sure there were no hidden listening ears.

"I heard you and Weasley talking in the astronomy tower." He said bluntly. Willa's face went sheet white.

"What about?" She stuttered out, nausea creeping into her stomach.

"You know what I'm referring too." Draco whispered. " 'don't talk about my brother like that'." He mocked.

Willa stared at him, terrified that he knew she knew. Would he tell his father? She looked down, unsure of what to say and terrified to say anything. "Willa." Draco whispered sincerely. "What do you know?"

Willa's eyes immediately filled with tears; her and Draco had a connection. "We have the same father." She shuffled, "and he killed my mother."

Willa was on edge the rest of the day. She and Draco missed that class period because that sat and talked. Would he tell Lucius? Honestly, at this point, she didn't care. She wanted to get revenge for her mother's death and if Draco and Willa were siblings, maybe they could work things out. Draco was in denial at first, until Willa showed him the journal. There was no denying the resemblances between the two. He didn't want to admit that his father, who was so strict on blood purity, had an illegitimate child with a mudblood.

Willa agreed that it was indeed unbelievable, but the fact that the two were so similar and the fact that he killed her mother was proof enough.

Willa couldn't focus on the tournament, though she hoped Harry won. She stayed in her dorm most days. Fred had tried his best to get her to come out, but the event was so publicized she feared Lucius would attend.

Draco and Willa had began spending more and more time together, but secretly. They would sit together in the common room well after everyone went to sleep. They didn't want anyone to wonder why they were suddenly friends again. They were cold and distant to each other in public, but in private had began to grow closer and closer. They laughed and talked all night, Willa seeing a side of Draco she had never seen before.

"I'm scared of your-" Willa began, "our father." She smiled an insincere smile. "I'm afraid of what he'll do to me."

Draco was silent, staring at his sister for a moment. He didn't care that she was halfblood. For once in his life, blood status didn't matter. All Draco cared about was that he had someone now. A true friend, a sister. "Please don't tell him I stay at the Burrow." She whispered, tears welling up in her eyes. Draco stared at her, knowing that he felt the same. He was terrified of his father and letting him down; he wanted to make him proud, but knew he was an evil man.

"I won't, Willa. I promise." Draco was honest. He wouldn't tell his father; if he asked, Draco would swear he didn't know. Willa didn't deserve to be drug into the Malfoy family chaos - she didn't deserve to be killed over a one night stand 16 years ago.

Summer came with the looming news that Voldemort was back, following the death of Cedric Diggory. No one seemed to believe Harry. But Willa did. She knew Harry wouldn't lie.

Draco and Willa had secretly wrote back and forth all summer. She prayed that Lucius didn't catch the letter or worse: Fred.

"Come on Willa!" Fred boomed, busting down the door to her bedroom. She quickly shoved her quill and parchment underneath her bag on her desk.

"Fred, that is the third time this summer you've broke my door and we've only been home a week. Molly is going to kill you." She giggled nervously, hoping the twins didn't see her writing.

"Who're you writing? Do you have a boyfriend?" George teased.

"Uhh... yeah?" Willa said quickly, before thinking. She just did not want the twins, especially Fred, to know she was writing Malfoy.

Fred was immediately jealous. He had attempted to stifle his feelings all summer for Willa, but was failing. "Who?" He said darkly. George and Willa both have him a puzzled look.

"Uhm.. it's still new.. soo.." she tried to lie. Fred raised his eyebrows. He knew something was up, but George didn't. Molly, as if on queue, yelled for the twins. The family was packing to move into Sirius' old home for summer and Molly needed help. George sighed, walking down the stairs before he faced Molly's wrath. Fred stayed.

"What's going on?" He whispered once George was out of earshot.

"You best be going, Fred. Molly will have your head." She fiddled with her fingers.

"There you go, fiddling. Why are you nervous? You can tell me anything, Will." Fred looked her dead in the eye. She didn't have a boyfriend, or at least he hoped. She would've told him.

Willa surveyed Fred, Molly yelling one more time. "I've been writing Draco."