o2. before the wedding

CALLIOPE GOT A JOB IN A SHOP IN DIAGON ALLEY. She enjoyed life there. It was quiet. She had a small flat big enough for just her. She visited Molly regularly, Callie had become quite fond of her baby, William, and babysat him pretty often. She loved that little family. Arthur had tried to set Callie up on a daily basis with people he knew from work but Callie refused; she was focusing on herself.

Years had went by since she and Lucius had seen each other. With the rise of Voldemort, she only assumed Lucius had joined him. Molly and Arthur had welcome two more boys: Charlie and Percy.

Callie had just got home from work and slid her shoes off. She was exhausted. She slid into a nightgown and cuddled up on the couch with a book.

Around midnight, Callie was awoken by a knock on her door. A quite violent one at that. She jumped out of her slumber, book smacking the floor. She grabbed her wand from the kitchen counter and ran to the door. When she opened it, she seen a masked figure: a death eater.

"Expelliarmus!" She screamed, causing the death eater to drop their wand, which wasn't drawn, mind you.

"Merlin, Calliope." A familiar voice groaned, bending down to pick up the wand. Callie pointed the wand back at him, ready to fight if need be. Then she recognized the voice.

"Lucius?"

He pulled the mask off and came in, uninvited. "Why are you here?"

"Why did you knock my wand away?"

"Why are you a death eater?"

So many questions going both ways. Lucius sighed, "Can I sit?"

"Sure." Callie said, weary. Why was he here? They didn't exactly end on the best of terms eight years ago. She hadn't thought about him since before Charlie's birth.

"I needed to see you."

"You felt it was necessary to wear the mask?"

"I didn't want anyone to see me." He whispered, looking down.

"Still ashamed of me I see." Callie scoffed, walking over to the kitchen. She decided to be civil, at least. "Tea?"

"No." Lucius said quickly.

"Suit yourself." Callie shrugged, pouring herself a cup.

She walked back over to the living room. "Are you going to tell me why you're here?"

Lucius stood up and Callie grabbed her wand with her free hand. "Put the wand down, Calliope, I'm not going to hurt you."

She cautiously stuck her wand back into her hair which was tied in a bun. Lucius closed the gap between them. "I can't stop thinking about you." He said, his breath hot on her face. He took the teacup out of her hand and sat it on the coffee table behind them. "It's driving me insane."

"You shouldn't be associating with a mudblood," Callie whispered, pointing out that he threatened to kill her the last time they were together. "Especially not now." She pointed to his arm where his death eater tattoo was evident.

"I know.. but..." Lucius ran his hand through his icy blonde hair; it had got much longer. "I'm about to marry Narcissa."

"Congratulations." Callie scoffed, arranged marriage she assumed.

"I can't marry her with you on my mind. It's not fair to her. I need you. One more time." Lucius begged.

"I am not being your one night stand before your wedding, no." She pushed Lucius away from her and pointed at the door. "Go."

"Callie.. I need to know if my feelings are real for you or if they're just physical attraction. You haven't left my mind for eight years."  He begged.

"It doesn't matter if they are true feelings; you're a pureblood and I'm muggleborn. Nothing will ever happen." Callie whispered.

"Calliope..." he whispered, snaking his arms around her waist. "One more time." Lucius kissed her neck and her breath caught, he knew he had her exactly where he wanted her.

Calliope Bishop drove him insane. If anyone knew... he would deny it. But, nevertheless, the woman was gorgeous. The night he spent with her eight years ago was forever etched in his brain.

Their lips met, finally. Callie gave into her temptation.

Lucius was gone as soon as it was over. Callie hoped he didn't return. She knew she would never be more than a good time to Lucius, because of her blood status. She watched out the window as he walked out into the dark streets of Diagon Alley, apparating into the darkness.

"I'm pregnant!" Molly squealed. Callie had came over for her weekly tea with Molly.

"Oh, Molly! That's wonderful! Another boy, no doubt." Callie smiled at Arthur.

"I hope not! I want a girl." Molly smiled, hand on her stomach.

Callie smiled at Molly and sipped her tea, nausea creeping up into her stomach. She snarled her nose and pushed her cup away.

"You okay, dear?" Molly asked. Callie had been feeling like this for two months now. The nausea began about a month after her encounter with Lucius and she feared the worst. Callie cut her eyes at Arthur, signaling for Molly to ask him to step out. Callie loved Arthur, but she felt this was a topic she only wanted to discuss with Molly.

Callie confided in Molly for everything. Molly knew about the encounter with Lucius before the two left Hogwarts, but Callie hadn't told her about the latest one. As soon as Arthur left the room, Callie confessed: "Lucius came to see me."

Molly's mouth fell open, "Really? When?"

"About three months ago." Callie whispered, looking down. "I've been feeling sick ever since."

"Merlin, Callie. Really?" Molly whispered, putting her head in her hand. She wasn't judging, only shocked. Callie nodded.

Molly walked around the kitchen table and squatted down in front of Callie, who was now crying. "Hey, it's okay. You're going to be okay. Do you want to keep it?"

"Yes." Callie cried, "but it's not safe. I can't. If I am even pregnant.. I haven't been to the healer yet." Molly nodded for Callie to go on. "If I truly am....Molly what am I going to do?"Callie sobbed.

A muggle born witch pregnant with a death eater's child was recipe for disaster. "It'll be okay, love." Molly sniffled, hugging Callie close. "It'll all be okay."