o3. willa

CALLIOPE WRESTLED WITH KEEPING HER BABY. Not that she didn't love it; she loved her growing stomach more than she had ever loved anything in this world. Callie simply feared for the child's safety; Lucius' stance on blood status was strict. Calliope was surprised he had even came back for the second encounter; what would he think knowing he had a half-blood child? Callie knew what would happen. Lucius couldn't have the Malfoy line tainted; they would no longer be part of the 28 original pure blood families.

Callie reasoned with herself that she could protect her child while still young. Molly had agreed to baby sit while she was working. But, what happened when Lucius seen Callie out with the child and did the math? What would happen if the baby had that same, unmistakable icy blonde hair? Callie prayed it didn't.

The time came for Callie to give birth and she still fought within herself. She had kept a journal of her pregnancy. She had confessed the baby's paternity in that book. Callie kept it hidden, she had planned on giving it to the child when it was older and safe; when it could understand why Callie was raising it without a father.

It was lonely being pregnant without a significant other or family; but Molly and Arthur were her family and they done the best they could. Molly was with Callie every step of the way, pregnant herself.

Willa Calliope Bishop was born on March 28th, 1978. She was a beautiful, chubby baby. Callie knew as soon as she seen the child she had to protect her from all evil. She had to protect her from the Malfoy's.

Callie cried when they laid the screaming baby on her chest and cried even harder when she opened her beautiful blue eyes. After the nurses cleaned her up, Callie's  heart sank: on the top of her head, there was a tuft of icy blonde hair.

Willa and Callie had a good life. Willa went to the Burrow while Callie worked, then back home as soon as Callie got off. She never went anywhere other than the Burrow and home.

Willa didn't mind though; she almost shared a birthday with the twins, Fred and George, who were born just a few days later on April 1. The three were inseparable.

Living in Diagon Alley but not allowing Willa, who was growing more and more interested about the world, out proved to be a challenge. Callie finally broke down and took Willa to work with her. Clara, the shop owner she had worked for for years, and finally convinced her.

"Bring the child down! You keep her locked in that flat like some kind of monster. She can stay in the back room and help box pasties. She needs to get out!"

Clara was like a motherly figure to Callie; she was old and plump and trustworthy. Other than Arthur and Molly, she was Callie's confidant.

Willa was ecstatic to finally get out of the house. "What do you want me to do, Miss Clara?" She beamed. Clara directed her to the back room, where she instructed Willa to box up some of the sweet treats she had made that morning.

"She'll be starting Hogwarts soon." Clara smiled, returning from the backroom to talk to Callie.

Callie was straightening up some products in the display case and nodded. "Yeah." She whispered.

"Oh, cheer up Calliope." Clara scolded, "you can't keep her locked up forever."

"But if he finds out-" Callie began, Clara gave her a stern look. They had this conversation at least twice a week.

"He won't."

"He has a son, you know." Callie said quietly.

"I know. With the Black girl. Willa has a brother." Clara whispered back, the two not wanting Willa to overhear the conversation. Callie looked behind her to Willa who was happily boxing pasties and cookies. A brother. Would Willa ever get the chance to know him? Would he want to know her? Narcissa wasn't all bad; maybe he got the best qualities of his mother. Callie hoped that if they ever found out they were siblings, it was long after Lucius was dead.

The two women continued to busy themselves about, trusting that Willa was in the back-room. Willa, who was an adventurous and curious little girl, didn't stay there long. She was clueless as to the reason her mother never took her anywhere, but she just wanted to see what life was like outside of the Burrow and the flat.

Willa stepped out into the street. Her blonde hair glistened in the sun. She felt the warm hair in her face. She breathed a breath of fresh air and sighed. Temptation to explore Diagon Alley plagued her, but she knew the conniption her mother would throw just for knowing she had went outside. She turned to go back inside and was plowed down by a young boy.

"Draco, watch where you're going!" A woman commanded. Willa caught her composure and stood up.

"Sorry." She whispered, looking eye-to-eye to a boy with the same color hair as she.

Inside, Callie went to the back room to check on Willa. "Oh, no." She whispered when she realized Willa was gone. Callie ran out of the door, bell ringing behind her, only to find her worst nightmare: her daughter standing before the Malfoy's.

"Hi!" She was saying eagerly. Willa was a very friendly girl. "I'm Willa Bishop. What's your name?"

"Willa!" Callie hissed, grabbing Willa. "Back into the shop at once."

"But mum-"

That was it. That's all it took. Callie looked at Lucius and his eyes grew wide, Narcissa smiled awkwardly, but cluelessly. She had no idea about the encounter that Lucius and Callie had shared eleven years ago. Callie seen the math going on in Lucius' head, looking at the icy blonde girl before him. She was his daughter.

"No buts, Willa. Now go." She demanded, pointing to the shop door; fear overwhelmed Callie's body. What would he do? She had done so good keeping Willa safe up until now; she had gone eleven years. Lucius gritted his teeth and Callie nodded to the couple and young boy. She knew Lucius wouldn't say anything in front of them, but she feared what would come in their absence.

Willa was off to Hogwarts the next week; Callie was even more reluctant to send her now that her father knew of her. She eagerly boarded the train with her best friends since birth: Fred and George Weasley. Callie took comfort in knowing that she would have the boys to keep her company and have the older Weasley boys there to protect her if need be. Callie nervously bit her lip and smiled as Willa and her black car, Sebastian, boarded the train behind the twins.

"She'll be fine." Molly reassured, Arthur nodding behind her. When Callie's pregnancy had been confirmed, Arthur was let in on her secret. "He can't hurt her at Hogwarts."

Callie nodded. She knew Molly was right, but there was a horrible feeling in the pit of her stomach that the meeting at Diagon Alley wasn't the last she and Willa would see of Lucius Malfoy.