31. hugs

WILLA GAVE BIRTH AT THE BURROW. Draco and George paced nervously outside. While most of the family wanted to attend, there was still a war going on. Willa, Fred and Molly were alone in the room while Ginny attempted to keep the other two boys calm outside.

Willa had been in labor for hours. She was getting exhausted. "Take a break, love." Molly whispered, kissing Willa's sweaty forehead. Willa stood up and tried to walk around the room a little, gripping onto the walls as the contractions grew stronger.

"This isn't looking good, Fred. She should be at St. Mungo's." Molly whispered to Fred, not wanting to scare Willa. Fred gulped and ran to his wife, helping her waddle across the room. He prayed they both, Willa and the baby, made it through this night okay.

Draco and George fell asleep on the couch arguing over who the superior Quidditch team was - Gryffindor or Slytherin. While they had a civil relationship now, an innocent house rivalry hurt no one.

Ginny sat near the fire and bit her fingernail. She could hear some of what was going on upstairs and it didn't sound good. Willa was screaming, Fred was trying to encourage her. Still nothing. Molly left the room and went downstairs, sweat beading on her head. "Mum, what's wrong?" Ginny whispered.

"She's not getting anywhere, Gin. She's so weak." Molly whispered, the worry evident in her voice. Molly had delivered babies before; she'd even delivered some of her own. But, Willa had been at it all night and was exhausted, Molly wasn't sure how much her little body could take.

"Mum!" Fred screamed from the top of the stairs. "We need you! Now!" He ran back into the room, Molly following quickly. His screams woke the boys on the couch up and the three stood at the bottom of the stairs, waiting patiently for any news.

"What's wrong?" Molly scrambled into the room.

"I need to push, Molly. I just know it." Willa cried out in pain. Molly checked one more time and, sure enough, it was time. Willa was determined to have this baby. As weak as she was, she screamed and gripped the bed sheets, Fred kissing her head softly and trying to be encouraging but not in her way. With one more huge push, a baby's cries filled the air.

The Burrow was silent for that moment, other than that baby's cries. "It's a girl!" Molly called. The group at the bottom of the stairs heard the wonderful news. George and Draco grabbed each other in a hug, then jumped apart quickly, staring at each other. Ginny laughed as the two looked horrified they'd just hugged.

Fred's eyes instantly filled with tears; a girl. His very own daughter. "What time is it?" Willa asked.

"12:01 am, why?" Molly asked, puzzled. Willa looked up at Fred and smiled.

"Happy birthday, baby. She was born on your birthday." Willa smiled widely. Fred, with tear filled eyes, smiled and kissed his wife's lips.

Molly cleaned the baby girl up and handed her to her daddy, just as another pain hit Willa. "Molly, what's going on?" Willa asked, thinking she was done.

"I told you there was two!" Molly chuckled. "Ready for round two?"

"Twins?!" Willa and Fred gasped together.

"Yes, dear. Now, let's go." She encouraged Willa. Fred sat closely with his wife, holding his newborn baby girl in his arms, as she delivered the second baby: a boy.

"A BOY!" Draco and George cheered in unison, hugging once more but this time, they meant it.

After both babies were cleaned up, Ginny, Fred and Draco made their way upstairs to see them. Two beautiful, chubby, healthy babies. Willa held her daughter proudly while Fred held their son.

"What's their names?" George asked, entering the rooms

"This little lady right here, is Georgia Claire." Willa smiled widely at George, handing him his namesake. "And that little boy right there... is Thatcher Drake. After both men who saved my life." Draco's eyes welled with tears, honored to have a part in that little boy's name.

Willa made a promise to Thatcher she'd remember him one day when she was naming her babies and she kept that promise. Drake was short for Draco.

"Can I..." Draco sniffled, "uh, can I hold him?" Fred looked at Draco and smiled.

"Of course, brother. Here's your nephew." He handed the baby wrapped up in a little yellow blanket to Draco. Draco smiled down warmly at the little baby, true happiness crossing his face for the first time that any of the people in that room had seen.

"Hey, Drake." Draco whispered, bouncing the baby up and down. "I'm your uncle."

"His name is Thatcher, Draco." Willa giggled. "His middle name is Drake."

"Well, I'm going to call him Drake." Draco smiled.