23. narcissa

THE DAYS GREW LONGER LOCKED UP IN THAT CELL. Willa kept fighting. She had too, for Fred. Draco was growing suspicious as to why his father, aunt and several other death eaters kept retreating downstairs. Willa through days of endless torture, her back now adorned with five lines of mudblood. She knew that's how long she had been here: five days.

She assumed that Lucius was using the fact that she was friends with Harry Potter as an excuse to keep her there; she assumed that's why he hadn't killed her yet.

"We're not going to get anything out of her." Bellatrix spat on Willa. No silencio charm was needed now, after Willa realized what they were doing she refused to speak. "We should just kill her."

Another death eater spoke up, "we can't. They'll eventually come looking for her.. maybe Potter will come as well."

Willa sat silently, curled into a small ball in the corner of the cell. Why did the Malfoy's have cells in their basement? It made Willa shiver. She was a Malfoy. The people that built this house.. they were her ancestors.

Fred laid in bed and stared at the ceiling. It was far past time for him to get out of bed, but here lately it was harder and harder. He was determined to find Willa, but as the days went on his faith that she was safe dwindled. Fred wished he could tell her one last time he loved her and how much she meant to him. He wished that he had taken Sirius' advice that night when he told Fred to tell Willa them, because when she was gone he'd wish he'd told her more.

Fred didn't expect Willa to be gone so soon. He tried to push the thought out of his head; he tried to remember that Charlie didn't believe she was dead. That was the only hope he had left. He laid and stared at the ceiling and thought of her beautiful face, the only thing that would get him through the day, the thing that kept him fighting.

Fred got up the courage to go downstairs and begin work, far later than George

Fred got up the courage to go downstairs and begin work, far later than George. Since the news of Willa's disappearance, he had been slacking greatly at work. Not that George minded, he understood.

The Manor was quiet after Lucius left of the day. Knowing his wife and son never went to the basement, he left his illegitimate child locked up and asleep on the cold floor, confident she would remain hidden.

Draco knocked on the bedroom door. Narcissa turned her head to meet her son's eyes. Her heart was still broken, but she felt and overwhelming need to protect that little girl, wherever she may be. "Hello, dear." She smiled, patting the bed next to her. Draco sat down next to his mother. The two sat in silence for a moment before Draco turned to Narcissa. "What's going on downstairs?" He asked quickly.

"Draco, love, you should know by now I do not get involved in your father's business. I assume it's something to do with the Potter boy." She sighed, looking down.

"Yeah, probably." Draco whispered, not satisfied with that answer either.  Draco was reaching the point in his life that he was having a hard time deciding on what side of this war he wanted to be on. He had spent the last six years tormenting Potter, but did he really deserve it?

Narcissa couldn't sleep. She tossed and turned all night; that girl still etched in her brain. Yes, Lucius cheated on her. She should be furious. She should want to kill her. But, she didn't. Narcissa assumed she was more like Andromeda in the sense that she felt compassion while Bella did not, not unless it involved Voldemort.

Narcissa looked over at the sleeping man beside her. What other secrets did he hold? What really was going on in the basement? Narcissa hadn't heard any new leads since the last meeting... and during that meeting, the prisoner downstairs wasn't discussed.

Narcissa stood up and wrapped a silk robe around her. She had to find out. She had lived her whole life in the shadow of either Bellatrix or Andromeda, now Lucius. Narcissa never felt as if she had the opportunity to make her own decisions, form her own opinions. Tonight, she did. She chose to get out of bed and make her way to the basement; a place in the manor she had never been.

She slowly opened the door and seen a long line of cells, like a jail. The only light was the one coming though the small window in the right side of the wall. "Lumos." She whispered, illuminating the cells before her. They were all empty. She followed each one, shining her wand before the bars and examining the inside until finally, she reached the last one.

The sight inside of that cell turned her stomach. It was a small girl curled up in the fetal position, her gray t shirt was soaked in blood. She was shivering, her icy blonde hair was matted. It was Willa.

Willa seen Narcissa and jumped, scrambling to the back of the cell. "Please don't hurt me." Willa didn't have it in her to be brave anymore, she was exhausted, she was hungry, and she was in pain.

Narcissa tightened the robe around her and squatted. "I'm not gong to hurt you, love." The fear in Willa's voice almost brought tears to her eyes. Willa held a special place in Narcissa's heart because of the special place she held in Draco's. She stared at the girl, quivering and terrified against the cell wall and she thought of her baby. If it wasn't for her blood status.. that would've been Draco.

That's when Narcissa decided. She'd spent her whole life in someone's shadow: it was time to make her own decision. The decision she was going to make was to get Willa to safety.

"I'm getting you out of here." Narcissa said, determined. Lucius wasn't going to hurt this girl no more. With a wave of her wand, the cell door opened. She gave Willa her robe and draped it over her shoulders, tightening it around her waist. "Now run, love. Run for your life." She handed her wand. "If anyone asks, you stole this. I have to protect myself and Draco as well."

Willa nodded, shocked at the goodness of Narcissa. That's when she knew where Draco's better half came from. She nodded and took off, she felt as if she was running, but she was barely moving. Her legs were weak and her back stung from the constant torture from Bellatrix. Just as she was about to apparate, she turned to Narcissa.

"Thank you." She said weakly, before she disappeared.

Narcissa stood outside of the open cell door. From her best guess, it looked to be about 2 am. She had approximately four hours to come up with a cover story.