Ch 9

Much like my parents before, Godwin and I had what many would call a whirlwind romance.

He asked me out on spring, and for the following year we did as we had always done: meet up to face monsters and collect herbs and, also, enjoy dates.

I popped the big question about getting engaged, and he started to plan everything to marry us off the very last day of that spring.

When you know that many people are still courting after three years together, our fast pace can of course be alarming.

I think that partially because of that is that at first his family didn't like me much. Who knows, maybe they thought we were pregnant. His older sister Angeline wasn't much better, but his little sister, Sadie, was adorable, and the one to accept me first.

That said,  promised myself to better up my relationship with his family, not only for Godwin's sake, but because I've always been a much-too-proud girl. Becoming a Knight helped me curve that, I think, since I had gotten used to always be the strongest against people my age. Ira Cornelius was the woman who severely beat me up on my first match in the Guardsmen Tourney - she was the spouse of Andre Cornelius, one of the oldest friends of my mother and also a scholar.

The year I became a Knight, I did it together with a woman called Lavinia Gaidar. I hadn't known much about her until she was up against me. We both had our matches first, against the strongest and second strongest of the Army. To put back down any of our arrogance, I'd bet.