Ch 54

With barely 60 years to her name my older sister died. She caught a bad cold in early spring that never left her completely, and as the fevers got more common her body lost strenght. Plus she had been delicate from birth, if father's stories were to be believed, but that didn't stop me from feeling wretched.

It hadn't been easy, losing my parents, but my sister's death felt like a great blow. Her Magdalene had been married for little more than a year, not even with child on the way.

My sister would never get to meet any of her grandchildren, and that was heartbreaking to me.

I could just hope that she was reunited with mother and father, watching over us from Ganos.

That made me wonder if I'd ever see them once I passed away. I was, after all, not a good person. No, I'd describe myself as self-serving, scheming, interested. I was proud, and dare I say it, vain regarding my life and achievements.

Who was to say that Naaga would accept me into his Kingdom?

I was not, however, about to change what had been my way of living for my whole life at this point, looking for a redemption I wasn't sure of deserving.

Instead I kept living as I had been until then; not even now, with my ending getting nearer, do I regret my choices.

My family is well-cared for, and to me that's worth everything; even holy forgiveness.