Ch 63

Shirley's youngest, Briana, married her sweetheart Delroy Jackson the day I became 57 years old. She said that she had wanted to do it partially as a gift to me, since I was her favourite aunt and a constant presence in her life; not only after my sister's death but also in all the happy moments before the fact.

She married well, exceptionally so. Delroy was the third great-grandchild of Ludo Jackson, perfectionist priestess and the one who delivered Shirley; hadn't it been for her enormous experience and demanding standards, my dear sister would have finished her life far sooner: I never knew all the details, but she hadn't been an easy baby to give birth to, and she got ill easily.

He was also the grandson of Keith Menchel, who knew mother since he was a little boy and taught me in turn at school. I would not bet on her ever becoming a priestess; Briana was much too wild for ever settling in such manner.

I would love to see any of the children she and her husband would ever have, for they were both really pretty. I also wish that they inherit Briana's muted red hair, passed down from Shirley who received it from mother, since only one of Elyon's children posses it also.