Ch 29

I met Azalea when I was a child, not even ten years old by then. Meeting her was no real coincidence; we both were named for flowers, and that was the first reason we ever met back when she was a Royal Princess and I the Gurú's Heiress.

Crown of Flowers was composed of every woman, old or young, that carried a flower's name.

Lily, Phillys, Azalea, Margaret, Daisy and I were the Crown for several years, until Ortensia was born, and much later came Margaretta and Rose along. There were not many of us, truth to be told.

Crown of Flowers were silent helpers. They were the ones who taught me to crochet, sew and embroider so I could make jerseys, scarfs and beans for people who didn't know how or didn't have the time, and who cookedd lunchboxes for those children that had left forgotten theirs at home.

We met regularly on the weekends, to decide the next week chores of each of us, compare our labours, gossip a bit and share a pot of tea. For someone like me, who was a bit shy when I was younger, was a nice way to socialize more, even if later on the ones I kept in contact with were only Daisy and Azalea.

Part of it was related to Azalea's late father, Prince Consort Sandy, who had been one of the first friends my mother made at the Kingdom, around the time she was still debating if staying here or keep traveling. Mother had been present for her birth, and even babysitted her a few times. When Shirley was born, she had the hope they would become good friends.

Azalea took me instead under her wing already from the first time I attended a Crown's Tea Party, at first as a favour to my mother. Later on I merited her friendship on my own.