Ch 48

Dana's approach to Heirship and maybe future Headship was very different to mine.

I had made the family into the center of my life ever since I was seventeen and my mother retired from society.

I went on to become part of the Army so I could honour granmama's legacy; I established conections with each social strata, I developed my public persona and grew to be a respected, very liked socialite even though it wasn't my cup of tea, and of course, I kept close relationships with the rest of my extended family, beyond the duties I had towards them as the Family Head.

Regarding that, one could say that Dana was aloof in comparison.

She kept tabs on each relative, and the children all adored her, but she tended to let her contemporaneus and older generation to their own devices, instead of butting in or gossip a bit just for the sake of spending time together with family, however removed they could be.

My daughter had no patience for things like that, she actually preferred to beat up monsters than sit down and talk about everyday matters. She was not one to stay quiet that way unless she was doing embroidery or sewing, or even cooking. Studying too, when she was still at school.