Final Author's Note

Well, I won't lie to you: when I started writing this and the final days of March last year, I would have never hoped to reach this point.

But I did it! I've done it. Narcissa died the previous week and I've upped my game to publish it all on here, even if it had to be done in such inconvenient manner.

Curiously I don't even know what to write now that I've published her Journal, unless it is to thank that wonderful reader I have lurking on here 💜 Publishing this got infinitely easier once I knew that there was someone else interested in what Narcissa had to say.

Which, actually, bring me to a very important point.

As one reads this, one realizes that nobody is perfect, that people, including grown-ups, make mistakes and that miscommunication can have far-reaching consequences. All that is human, having the best intentions and then screwing out, even if one doesn't realize it at first, or ever. I wanted to show that people can try to do their best and still hurt others, that someone can be very good to some and bad to others. That love can be -or not- enough to justify it.

To me it's important, to demistify that belief that someone who hurts you can only be horrid; because it can be your own family, good intentions notwithstanding, it can be a friend. Abuse can get many forms, even if it's only an abuse of trust.

I wanted to showcase something human, and ended getting a critic towards the way of treating children, being bypassing their opinions, being our current model in which we put too much pressure on them already since they're very small.

That was as much a surprise to me as I guess it is towards anyone who ends up reading it, but it's something that need to be said more, I think, and I can feel content with myself having expressed that.

In the beginning I wrote that I hoped you enjoyed reading this little story of mine. Now I finish this hoping you take to heart even just one of those reflections, and get to put it in practice or even share it. Respect, for oneself and others, is very important, vital. As is talking with each other and listening to each other.

With this said, I hope you can have a nice evening.

WanSue

PS: Although it's time to finish this part of the way with Narcissa, there's still left, at the very least, the story told by Nivyen Wilson of the Rostand, which will come out at some point in the future. I can't promise it will be as reflect-inducing as Narcissa is, but I will put my heart in it, as I do with every story I care about.