Ch 50

After Dana married into Rafita's family, I must admit that it was a great relief to me that I knew him and his family, that I was assured that all of them would greatly care for my daughter. I knew them, after all, and I trusted them.

Dana became then Dana Wilson of the Rostand, grandmother of the future Rostand Family Head, wife to the future Wilson Family Head.

Their contract dictated that their first child would be the next Wilson Heir, as per the Corps' traditions, although they would still carry the title 'of the Rostand', and that this future child's second child would be the one to marry back into my family; that way the Rostand name would also carry in its blood the lineage of one of the Corps' Families.

Only that could elevate at this point our status in the eyes of the nobility while still being through our own means; not as the favour any other family could take back anytime the Rostand were to step out of line, but as our own, undeniable right.

As my first granddaughter was born -Ramona, firstborn of my darling Grisam- I was already planning to whom marry future Nivyen that would have close blood relations to the Rostand while carrying another surname.

Those matters would have been easier to resolve if my dear Dana would have been so inclined to politic games as I had been at her age. Her brashness was adorable, but not very practical.

And even so, not even once did I try to force her to conform to my vision.