Unimportant (Malcolm)

Warnings: Fear, bullying, self harm

Happy ending? Call it how you want:)

Malcolm was two years old when his parents told him he was going to have a baby brother.

"Really?" He asked with wide eyes.

"Yes, what do you want to call him?"

"May I choose that?"

"Why not?"

"Mmmmh ... Angus! Can his name be Angus?" The parents thought for a moment.

"Okay, his name will be Angus."

*

Two months later.

"Here he is." Margarete held a bundle with something that was screaming in her arms and showed it to Malcolm.

"This is Angus?" Malcolm asked suspiciously.

"Yes, this is your little brother."

"But why is he so small?"

"You were so little too. He's also getting bigger." Malcolm nodded and looked at the baby a little more.

"I love you, Angus." He kissed the baby on the forehead.

*

Three years later (Malcolm 5, Angus 3)

"Look mom!" Malcolm exclaimed excitedly, holding a picture in his hand.

"Mh. Don't have time, Mal. I have to take care of Angus."

"But mom, I've made an effort and look, it's-"

"It's over now, Malcolm. I don't have time for your things." With that she was out of the room. Malcolm bowed his head and went back to his room. Tears ran down his cheeks. He angrily tore up the picture he had made of his family and threw it in the trash can.

*

(Malcolm 6, Angus 4)

"Look dad! I can write!" Malcolm exclaimed excitedly and ran into his father's office. Malcolm was in first grade and had learned to read and write quickly. He was holding a piece of paper on which he had copied a text.

"I don't have time, Malcolm. I have to finish my tax return."

"But dad-"

"No Malcolm. Go out. You're distracting me."

"Sorry." Malcolm muttered and went back out. He closed the door behind him and went back to his room. There he looked with watering eyes at the paper, which he had carefully copied several times so as not to make any mistakes.

*

(Malcolm 8, Angus 6)

"Look, this is Malcolm." Said a girl in disgust, pointing to Malcolm, who was standing alone in a corner in the school yard.

"Ew. Who wants to do something with someone like that?" The other girl giggled.

"That's why he has no friends."

*

"Who can tell me what is 26-8? Mh. How about Jacob?" The teacher asked, turning around.

"Em ... 10?"

"No, that is wrong."

"Malcolm told me!" Shouted Jacob, who was sitting in front of Malcolm.

"You have to pick it up for that, Young. We don't tell anyone anything, especially if it's wrong."