|014

It was like the voice was on instant repeat in my head the rest of the day, the only thing I could think about how beautiful and soft it sounded.  Like nothing would be able to shatter the person that was listening.  It was mesmerizing, my heart skipped a beat.  The calmness was enough to make my mind go blank.

No...

I tapped my pencil softly on the desk, the thoughts wandering around me.  The house was silent, Callian and Kai had fallen asleep after I checked up on them and Kelly was tucked away in his room doing gods knows what. Mrs and Mr Newman haven't return since our conversation.  I let out a sigh and lean back in my chair, rubbing my face softly.

"Can I come in?" I jump and caught myself as I nearly fell off my chair.

"Uh yeah." The door opens and Kelly stood at the doorway, nothing but sweats on.

"We need to talk." He says, I nervously twitch and offer the seat in the corner. He stood his ground and stayed at the doorway.

"Daisy and Marcel are closin in, there's been talk about a bounty going around."

Not what I thought we were going to talk about.

"For how much?" I asks, he crosses his arms over his chest.

"One hundred thousand." My jaw clenches and I lean back in my seat.

"Where in the hell did Daisy get 100,000?" He stares at me for a bit before answering.

"Your father's life insurance." My eyes widen and I lean forward in disbelief.

"My father? I never heard anything about a life insurance." Kelly runs his hand through his hair and I take a moment to admire his biceps.

Goddam even in serious matters this man is a fucking breath taking being

"Figured. Your father left everything to you and your brother." I flinch at the mention of my brother.

Ever since that night, the nightmare kept repeating in my head, except each time, I'm getting closer and closer to falling off the edge.

"Inheritance?" My nerves were shaking but I tried to stable my breathing.

"A car and five hundred thousand in cash." I didn't get to know my dad so I didn't know why he left a car nor the cash, god forbids he left the money to Daisy.

"Then Daisy's been...."

"She been takin from the account since you were two, I presume through your brother." My eyes instant shot up at his words.

"What?" His eyes crinkle and he moves his hands to his pockets.

"What?" He responds, a confused look in his eyes.

Maybe I misheard..

"What's the plan?" I asks, staring at him but not being able to make eye contact.

"There's no plan.  My parents have agreed to pay her off." My eyes widen and I stand up.

"What?!" He flinches at the outburst.

"We are pickin up the car and money tonight." His composure quickly returns. There was a lot of talk of money being thrown around but I don't think he realized how much he was giving away to criminals.

"You're just going to give money to criminals?!" He flinches again, making myself flinch from his reaction.

Why does he keep fucking flinching?

"That is what we have decided on doin and I can not change that." I take a step forward.

"WHY DID YOU DECIDE ON DOING IT WITHOUT TELLING ME?!  ITS ABOUT ME ISN'T IT?!" He jumps slightly at my voice.  My eyes widen and my breath hitches.