|004

Looking out towards the faint cityscape of Central, I blow out the puff of air.  The city busting with lights, flickers of lights from helicopter and planes.

"Hey honey, please pick up your phone. I really want to talk to you about something." A voice message was playing behind me on my phone. Irritation burning through my body at the voice, the tone, the words. I grab the phone and delete the message, shutting it off and slipping it into my back pocket.

How'd she even find this number?

I puff out more smoke and jerk when my phone rings, pulling it out of my pocket and looking down at the name before pressing the answer button.

"What?" Theres shuffling before the voice spoke.

"Bro I'm in deep shit, I lost Kai." I freeze and put out the cigarette.

"How the fuck did you lose her and where are you?" Walking inside and grabbing my jacket and keys before hurrying out of my apartment.

"We were at the festival and she said she need to go to the bathroom and walked off and I hurried after her but I got lost in the crowd." He spoke frantically.  I slam my car door and start the engine.

"Where are you?" I repeat,

"I'm looking around right now, I've called Callian already." Reversing and speeding out of the parking lot.

"I'll be there in 10, keep looking for her." I hang up and throw my phone in the passenger seat. Speeding past the stop signs and a couple of red lights, taking a sharp turn onto the dirt road and seeing the bright lights.

Finding a parking spot and getting out of the car with my things. Running into the festival and looking over the crowd rapidly, noise buzzing in my ear.

"What?!" My head snaps to the left and I see Callian and Ace standing by the bathroom. I jog over and watch the interaction.

"You called Kelly?" Callian looks in disbelief and flares his arms up.

"Why wouldn't I? Kelly is Kai's brother too." Callian snaps,

"Have you found Kai?" I ask, getting the two to look at me.

"No! And I've called her phone five times!" Ace exclaims, looking distressed.

"Woah..."

"He's really tall!" People's murmurs replace the loud chatting from before.  Turning and seeing Kelly walk down the path that the bystanders had made for him.

"Shit shit..." Ace mumbles. Kelly didn't look mad, he looked rather calm and collected but once my eyes hit his a shiver runs up my spine. When he makes it a couple feet from Ace he grabs his shirt and pulls him up.

"How do you lose a 157 centimeter, 45 kilo women?" Ace stares at Kelly with fear in his eyes, his feet slightly dangling off the floor.

"Bubba!" Callian says, pulling at Kelly's arms but his grip doesn't loosen on Ace.

"Shit...." I grab onto Kelly's left arm and pull gently.

"Kelly calm down, don't create more of a difficult situation." He blinks and it seem to snap him out of it, letting go of Ace.

"You, Ferris wheel.  Bruv, food stands. Dionysus, games." Ace and Callian run off, I send a glance towards Kelly before I rush off to the games, he had gone the opposite direction.

He's seems easily triggered...first having to compose himself in the gym and now, this time getting physical.  So much to learn....

I look around and run past each stall until I see a ball of dark brown hair crouching down and talking to a child.

"Kai!" I run over and she looks up, flashing me her famous smile.

"Thank god I found you." I pull out my phone and text Ace and Callian.

Me
CMESSAGE 9:29 PM
I found her

"Why'd you run off?" I ask, shutting my phone and slipping it into my pocket. Kai stands straight and the kid moves to hide behind her leg.

"I-I was on, on the way t-to the bath- bathroom and h-he tugged at my, my skirt crying sa-saying he had l-lost his par-parents." I let out a sigh and run my hand through my hair.

Her heart was gold, pure gold.

"Bee." Kai looks up and I turn to my side and flinching slightly as Kelly brushes against me.

"Ice!" Kai brings Kelly into a hug and squeezes his lower torso.  The kid looking over and up at the tall man.

"You really gave me a fright." Kelly murmurs, squeezing her back gently. His shoulders relax and his eyes closed for a second before they let go.

.....

"I-I'm sorry bu,but I couldn't j-just leave h-him!" Kelly looks down to kid before crouching down, the kid looking at him with big blue eyes.

"Hi bud," Kelly holds out his hand, a breathtaking smile on his lips.

Who knew such a small facial expression could make my heart stop for a second...

"KAI!" Callian yells, running up and pulling her into a hug.

"Princess!"

Seriously?  Out of all things Ace?  You really do sound like a fuck boy sometimes...

Kai lets out a giggle and they pull apart, she smiles at them. I turn my attention to Kelly and the child's interaction as I drown out the other three talking, my mind going completely blank.  Kelly's voice so soft that I couldn't hear exactly what he was saying but judging from how the child stopped crying, he had comforted the child.

"Let's head home." Callian's voice enters my ears, Kai shakes her head and turns to the small child.

"W-We can't lea-leave him!" She exclaims, Ace and Callian look towards Kelly and the kid. The kid lets out a giggle and pats Kelly's head.

"And then can we get cotton candy?" Callian instantly gasps and places his hand on his heart.

"Too cute...." He grunts and clenches his clothes.

"Yes but let's find your parents first." Kelly seem oblivious to our staring and picks up the kid, fixing him on his shoulders.

"Where was the last time you saw them?" The kid looks around before pointing forwards the food stations. Kelly turns around towards us,

"Will you guys be goin home?" I've noticed that he tends not to say the g when it ends in 'ing' and I found it amusing, cute.

"Will you be alright by yourself?" Callian asks, looking up to the child and then meeting eyes with his brother.  I let out a satisfied breath  and stepped forward.

"I'll go with him, head home." The three nodded and waved before turning around and walking off.  I follow close behind Kelly as we walked towards the stations, the child letting out giggles here and there.

"I am on top of the world!"