|018

"Yeah....I'm alright." I stir awake as I hear voices, my body shifting itself up.

"That's good, we're just going to collect some blood samples to run test and then we can see if you need to stay any longer." My eyes flutter open and I let out a groan.

"Looks likes the sleeping beauty is awake." My eyes snap open when I recognize the voice.

"Callian!" I look towards the bed and Callian was sat up smiling towards me.

"Enjoy your nap?" Callian asks, I bring my hands to rub my eyes but I'm stopped by a hand grabbing my wrist.

"Your jello." Kelly says, handing Callian it as he pulls my arm down.

"I'll be back in a bit." The nurse says, walking out as he lets go of my wrists.

"Did you want anythin else?" Kelly asks, grabbing the water on the table and handing it to me.  I grab it and open it, taking a long gulp from it.

"No, I think I'm fine for now." Kelly nods and sits down but only to stand right back up when his phone rings.  He sends us a little signal that he needs to take the call before leaving.

"How are you feeling?" I asks, he sighs and leans back into his pillow. 

"Fine, maybe a little sore." I stand up and catch a jacket as it falls from my body.  I look down and tighten my grip on the fabric.

Kelly's jacket....

"He left it for you when he went out to go grab something earlier."  Callian says, opening his jello and grabbing a spoon from the table besides him.

"Don't be so surprised, everyone can see the way he looks at you.  It's not like it's some secret." He puts a spoonful of jello into his mouth.

"Cal..." He frowns and waves his hand in a dismissive matter.

"Yeah yeah, I got it." Kelly is special to me despite the drama that was and is happening, no matter what is going to happen I hope we could still be where we are now.

"Sorry, I have to go." Kelly says as he walks in, Callian looks up at him suspiciously.

"For what?" Kelly flinches but clears his throat.

"I have some work to catch up on at the company." He says, grabbing his keys from the side table. Callian stared at him for a bit but nods slowly.

"Mom and dad will be landin in about 20 minutes, they are headin straight here." Kelly adds.

"Okay, have a safe drive there." Callian says, Kelly turns to me and looks a bit longer before turning around and walking out the door.

"He seem off to you?" I asks, fiddling with my rings.

"...yeah, like he's hiding something."

The rest of the time we talked and I caught Callian up on what was happening, half way through the door opens and we both turn and stop talking.

"..." It was like she was planning a whole murder in her head. The calm exterior made it even more ery.

"Hey mum!" Callian greets with glee, she walks in slowly, observing Callian's face.

"How are you?" She stands next to him and grabs a hold of his hand gently.

"I'd had better days." He smiles,

"Where's dad?" He asks once he realized the his mom was to immersed into staring at his injuries.

"He's outside, talkin to his assistant." She looks away and towards me.

"Dion, have you been here the whole time?" I nod.

"Yeah, I only left to grab a change of clothes." Her eyes crinkle slightly.

"You've been skipping school." I freeze and Callian peeks over at me as he sips his water.

"Well-"

"Callian!" We turns our eyes to the door and his dad stood with worried eyes and messy hair, like he'd run his hands through it way to much.

Saved by the person

"Are you alright? Does it hurt? Where did he hit you? Are you thirsty? Hungry? I'll go get you your favorite dish from that restaurant you really like on fifth-"

"Love, you're scarin him." Callian lets out a hearty laugh and his lips curve up even more.

"I'm fine dad, yes it hurts but I'll be okay. Lets not discuss him anymore, I just drank water, no I'm not hungry."  My phone dings and I pull it out of my pocket and look down.

Ace
CMESSAGE 8:39 PM
Come outside, I need to talk with you

I stood up and locked my phone.

"Goin somewhere?" Mrs Newman asks as Mr Newman continues to ask Callian questions. 

"Ace is outside, he wants to talk." I answer, she stares for a bit and nods.  I head for the door and open it.

"Don't be afraid to go home." She utters, I turn back to her, looking in silence.

"It's not your fault." I give her a small nod, completely not believing the words that came out of her mouth. I walk out of the hospital and look around until I see Ace leaning on his car that was parked next to mine. Walking over while pulling out a cig and a lighter, put it between my lips and lighting it before stopping in front of him.

"Pretty boy." I greet, he looks up from his phone and sighs.

"Dion." It's silent for a bit, Ace's face contorting into a uncomfortable position.

"What did you want to talk about?" I leaned against my hood and look at him, puffing out a cloud of smoke. He breaths in and lets it all out.

"I know I fucked up, bad. I can't change that but seeing her with Xavier, smiling, laughing, thinking 'that could've been me'. And seeing him instead of me? All because I lost my respect for myself by listening to my parents. If only I could turn back time and rethink my decision on it, tell myself that it wasn't worth it. It wasn't worth losing Kai and that's exactly what is happening now. Xavier man, the dude is persistent. I don't even know if I—"

"You seriously irritate me sometimes." I drop the half burns cig and stepped on it.

"What?" I look up to him and stare into his eyes.

"Sure you fucked up, so what? If you liked- loved Kai you'd get your head out of your fucking ass and fight for her. You choose to those things in the past but that does not define who you will be in the future. Fix it. Fight for her Ace. Do whatever it takes to make her yours again and don't give up until you have her in your arms." I poke his chest.

"And show your parents how you don't need them in your fucking life to solve all your problems." He gulps.

"Because the most powerful thing in the world is yourself."