|020

I clear my throat as I look around the office, looking for a seat in the slightly crowded space but opted to stand instead.

"Dionysus?" My back straightens and I look over to the reception, we make eye contact and I walk over to him.

"I haven't started any fights this year, why am I here." He looks at me and smiles.

"Actually it's not about that, there was someone that is here to meet you." My mind races as I follow close behind the man.

Please tell me it's not who I think it is

He opens the door and my eyes change from a concerned looked to a confused one.

"Who-" The man turns towards me and I flinch at who it was.

"It's nice seeing you again, you're all grown up now.  So tall." My fist clench from inside my coat pocket.

"Did you have to go to my school?" At the corner of my eye I see the receptionist slowly back out of the room.

"I couldn't find you any other legal way." I let out a sigh and cross my arms over my chest.

"Why are you here Uncle V?" He clears his throat and adjusts himself in the chair.

"I heard you've recently come into money." I flinch and reach for the door handle.

"If that's the only reason why you came searching for me then leave, I don't need someone like you in my life." I open the door and start to step out.

"But you need Elliot Newman hmm?" I close the door and turn to him.

"You do know that his real name is Elliot, don't you."

"Have you been following me?" He shrugs and stands up, fixing his poorly fitted suit.

He's got the fake Rolex too

"Maybe I have, I need to keep an eye out on my only family member." I scoff.

"Fuck off." I turn around and open the door, walking out.

"You know I care a lot about you." I stop in my spot, locking my jaw.

"If you cared, I wouldn't have tried to attempt." It's silent and I roll my shoulder before continuing down the hallway.

"Get this bastard out of my fucking face." I look up and my eyes make eye contact with Oscar as he's walking out with a walk of shame.

"Again we are really sorry to hear about this and will try our best to help you-"

"Cut the bullshit, you know what is happenin in this school yet you stay oblivious to the matter. Callian and Kai Newman, and Angus Scott. Three students you've neglected to help and let them suffer. I can only imagine how many other students you've pushed under the rug, bloody bastard."

"Ma'am." The guilt and the scum look on the women's face makes me cringe.

"My son's in the hospital because of your neglect, I will pursue legal action if it continues." Mr Newman adds, holding his ground with his stern position.  The women backs away as Corey, Will and Lance come out from a separate room.   They were about to walk out when Mrs Newman walks stops and turns.

"Mrs Newman, Mr Newman." I greet, smiling at them.  Mrs Newman giving me a small grin but it switches quickly when she sees the person behind me.  Mr Newman also quick to realize who that was.

"Come on Dion, don't walk away I still have a lot to discuss."   He grabs onto my arm and I jerk away, almost slapping him.

"Don't touch me." His lips frown at my distasteful tone.

"Go back to whatever shit hole you came from and fuck off, I didn't need you then and I'm not going to need you now." I walk away and push past the Newman's lightly, receiving a small pat on the back by Will and Corey before entering the school hallways.  I take a breath of air and close my eyes for a second before opening them and walk back down the hallway.    I walk up the stairs and turn left before opening a door and going into the classroom.

"Everything alright?" Ronnie asks as I sit down.

"Yeah." He stares at me for a bit before pushing me.

"That's a load of bullshit." I sigh and flip my paper, writing down the work for the next problem.

"Trust me, you don't wanna know."  His brows furrow and this his eyes widen.

"No!" I glance at him.

"Are you serious?!" I nod and he leans back in his chair rumbling his face before leaning back up and hunching his back to whisper.

"How'd you get away from him?" I stare at the problem in front of me and cringe .

"I technically didn't, I just walked away." Ronnie stared for a second.

"He knows where you live doesn't he." I sigh and stand up as the bell rings.

"I don't know." I hand the paper to the teacher as we walk out and tighten my grip on my bag.

"Well maybe he'll leave you alone if he knows your associated with the Newman's." Ronnie says, pulling out his phone.

"I doubt that, if he's here for money he'll definitely encourage any relationship I have with them. Either that or he'll somehow befriend them."

"Shit, I gotta go." I look to him and he had a concerned look on his face.

"What's the matter?" He looks up and I flinch at the angry look in his eyes.

"Family stuff, I'll talk to you later ight?" I nod and speed walks out the door. I follow behind but by the time I made it out the doors he was already speeding off.

Humming to myself as I walk to my car, a soft melody playing over and over in my head. I get in and start the car, letting it sit for a bit; scrolling on my phone.

Cal
3:12 PM
CMESSAGE
Aye just got out, mom and dad are driving me home, drop by if you want free food :)

I let out a chuckle. The boy got beaten to death and he still manages to have a smile.

Never assume loud is strong and quiet is weak