|015

The deal was done.  Three months of hiding and it was simply fixed with cash, I couldn't think of anything more coming from someone like Daisy and Marcel, greed thirsty.  Mrs and Mr Newman returned late that night to find me in the kitchen, staring down at the marble counter top.

"Dion?  What are you doing awake?" Today was to much for my brain to process and it was finally catching up to me.  My mind felt exhausted from the information that ran through it.

"How did it go?" I ask softly, Mrs Newman sets her coat and keys on the table.

"Marcel took the offer, you won't have to be afraid anymore." My stomach churned, something felt off.  People like Daisy and Marcel don't just want money, they want something so much more than a couple zeros.

"Ji I'm going to wash up first." Mr Newman  says walking into the kitchen and kissing the side of her head.

"Alright, I'll be there in a second." Mr Newman looks at me and smiles.

"And just when I thought I like seeing you around." He jokes before leaving, it brought a small grin to my lips.  The past couple months the Newman's had given me something that I never got as a kid.  Family dinners, movie nights, game nights, cooking dinner, hell there were even reading sessions where we just sat and read in the living room in silence with the fireplace on in the background, unconditionally comfort.

I was going to miss that.

"How about the Kings?" She lets out a breath and turns around.

"The Kings are out of town."

"What do you plan on doing?" I asks, she rolls back her shoulders and turns around with a cup of tea, sliding it towards me.

"Personally if I could, I'd put a bullet through their bloody heads," I flinch in the slight change in tone.

Scary women...

"But, thats wouldn't help the matter. What I want is to all talk, with Ace and Kai in the room." I take a sip and ask another question.

"Why does Kai and Ace need to be in the room? I don't know if that's a good idea." She turns around again and leans her weight onto her left side.

"Ace may be the one that did it but he certainly wasn't the one who planned it and I'm surely against his will.  I can see it in his eyes, he loves that girl to pieces but was subjected down to his parents for their gain." Mrs Newman seem to know everything about everyone to what they feel to who they are, she was like a disguised shrink. 

"You don't like Aces parents." I voice, she turns around and starts brewing coffee.

"There's nothing to like about them." I let out a chuckle at that response.  I've only ever met Aces parents once, they made me uncomfortable and reminded me too much of Daisy.

"Mrs Newman?" She hums in acknowledgement as her back stays facing me.

"Does that mean I have to leave?"  Her motions stops and she turns around with a small smile.

"No it doesn't but what is goin to help you?" I look at her and my lips form a small smile.

Those were the words that repeated in my mind the day I was moving into my new apartment. The Newman's helping me move in my very few belonging along with the some stuff I wanted to take from the room I was staying in at their house.

"Is that the last of it?" Mrs Newman asks as Mr Newman walks in with the last box.

"Yeah that should be it unless Dion wants to go out and buy a few things." I was looking around the apartment in admiration,  the tall ceiling and the view was beyond imaginable.